It's an Statistical Tie!

@yalul070 (1753)
Manila, Philippines
Good morning America! So I just read in the news that Republican candidate Donald Trump is closing the gap between him and the Democrat candidate Hillary Clinton in the latest national poll from Reuters/Ipsos. I am not an expert on American politics but somehow I feel that this is something that our country (and the rest of the world?) should be worried about. There were comparisons between Trump and Duterte before but the Philippine President has been a politician, albeit at a local level, since time immemorial. And he is loved by some 16 million Filipinos. But the poll showings reminded me of the campaign early this year. From 3rd in the polls, Duterte gradually caught the lead and eventually won the elections. Will it be the same for Trump? Big push for Duterte was the insensitivity of the previous administration to the plight of the ordinary Filipinos. I wonder what's for Trump? Your thoughts?
@Lucky15 (33386)
Well, maybe wishing them the best of luck? ;(
@yalul070 (1753)
• Manila, Philippines
I'm not sure if I want to wish Donald Trump good luck though hahaha!
@Lucky15 (33386)
@yalul070 hahaha. Just hard.
@anniepa (27236)
@yalul070 I know I sure don't want to wish him good luck, unless it were for his future endeavors on Mars or some other planet far, far away from here...lol!
MY thoughts? Oh...well...MY thoughts are the American Public has their heads stuck up their butts and needs to start looking at alternatives to the Republican or Democrat parties...
@yalul070 (1753)
• Manila, Philippines
Can't you elect an independent candidate for presidency? I know there are smaller parties in the US.
@yalul070 Yes, we could, if people would vote for one
@ilocosboy (34311)
Maybe voters now are just too tired of electing the same surnames in the election. So, because they just wanted for a change so they resort to the new name just for the change, if they deliver good service, let that be solve the next time, if they fail, so be it.
@yalul070 (1753)
• Manila, Philippines
So they are also in dire need of change in the US? I guess this is part of the reasons why Trump is always compared to the Philippine President.
@ilocosboy (34311)
@yalul070 ha ha, maybe because of their style, very vocal.
@anniepa (27236)
"... if they fail, so be it..." might be alright in most circumstances but if the US ends up with a "President Trump" that could quite literally mean the end of the world as we know it, possibly literally the end of humanity. He's not stable and I sure don't want him anywhere near our nukes. Isn't the Phillipine President the same kind of rude thug that Donald is?
Well, one thing is sure, no matter which of the two wins this year, the United States this time will not have a pretty president. I do not trust the polls, most of the time they say what they think can be useful to a specific person.
@yalul070 (1753)
• Manila, Philippines
It's just interesting to note that this is the first tight presidential race in years.
@yalul070 It is the worst presidential race that I can remember.
@yalul070 (1753)
• Manila, Philippines
@LadyDuck Oh. Okay. If you say so...
@sugartoes (40725)
• Greencastle, Indiana
well I still hope we get the RIGHT one to do the right thing for the nation I was hoping Trump but I sure the HE!! don't like the idea of Hillary as our NEXT president GOD HELP US ALL if she gets in there.
@yalul070 (1753)
• Manila, Philippines
This and JJ's comment above seem to indicate that you really need more choices for the position.
@anniepa (27236)
@yalul070 At this point we have to work with the system we have. I understand where those who say we need more choices or would like to see a third party candidate win are coming from, but with the Electoral College as it is that simply won't happen. When a voter casts his or her vote for someone other than the Democrat or the Republican he or she usually ends up helping the one he or she would least want to actually win. Also, in the very unlikely event that one of these other candidates wins a few states and causes neither of the major party candidates to get the required 270 Electoral votes, the House of Representatives gets to choose our next President. I SURE don't want that! That would be as bad if not worse than the Supreme Court selecting George W. Bush in 2000.
@anniepa (27236)
If Trump gets in we'll need a lot more than God's help. If he gets in that will mean God has totally abandoned us.
I hope Hillary Clinton wins, but alot will vote for Trump because they don't like Democrats.
@yalul070 (1753)
• Manila, Philippines
And the Democrats can't field a better, more popular candidate? I wonder if Trump was also endorsed by previous Republican presidents.
@yalul070 Hillary is a good candidate and, I believe she will win by a land slide.
@anniepa (27236)
@yalul070 For the very first time in history NOT A SINGLE ONE of the living former US Presidents nor the current POTUS supports Donald Trump. In fact they've ALL made it clear he's unfit for the job. My feeling is they should know since they've been there or are in that position.
I really can't say about them , my friend . But i am hoping that they will choose the better one .
@yalul070 (1753)
• Manila, Philippines
Interesting times for US politics, indeed.
@yalul070 Let's wait who wins .