Relaxing after work

@5thHouse (1693)
Sheffield, England
I've just finished a really frantic morning of work. I had a deadline to meet on a very complicated court case that I needed to transcribe. Sometimes the witness has a strong accent or the terminology is not something you're familiar with, so it slows you down and means you have to break off and google things. I got up early this morning, started on the job about 8 a.m. and I've finally sent it to the client. So this afternoon is going to be about relaxation. The good thing about working from home is you save so much time not having to commute. My first task is to have a soak in the bath and see if this improves the ache in my knee. I noticed it yesterday after my run. I think I may have jarred my knee somehow. I think I may need to do some leg strengthening exercises on the days in between runs. My daughter has gone out bowling with her friends so I have some peace and quiet, which is a rare thing.
@annierose (17690)
Hi! I would love to work in the comfort of my own home too. I dream to be a freelancer someday too just like you. It is because of my dream to travel- to move from one place to another not having to worry about my job. How long have you been a freelancer online?
@5thHouse (1693)
• Sheffield, England
25 years now in the profession but only for the last 5 years or so working from home.
@annierose (17690)
@5thHouse Wow! You have learned a lot I think.
@ms1864 (6995)
• Bangalore, India
Court case? you are a lawyer? that is so cool! Being able to work from home does impact our physical health.
@5thHouse (1693)
• Sheffield, England
Not a lawyer, no (I wish!) but I work as a court transcriber. I used to be a stenographer in court taking a verbatim record, but they no longer use stenographers so I work at home on the transcript side of things, providing transcripts for cases that are going to the court of appeal.
@cahaya1983 (10060)
Transcribing sounds fun! Sounds like you really enjoy doing it. Sorry to hear about your knee, hope you feel better very soon.
So do you bget an audio tape that you have to transcribe? It sounds interesting.
@Macarrosel (7576)
Peace and quiet is a rare thing to you? Well, I have a lot of peace and quiet moments in our house for my husband is at work and my daughter is in school. I hope your daughters enjoyed bowling. That's one of my sports when I was in college.
You'd be pleased to have the transcription out of the way. I hope your knee improves.
@skysnap (17818)
Warm bath always helps for relaxation.
• Kolkata, India
Its important.
@msiduri (5757)
Enjoy. Hope your knee is feeling better soon.
Well enjoy your peace and quiet and make the most of it. I hope your knee feels better soon.