Getting rid of fungus in the toenails??

@buenavida (8147)
Sweden
Lots of people have this problem.. Have you heard how we can get rid of it? I read that it can be very harmful.. It can cause many health problems and be dangerous - so we should quickly get rid of it. I also read that the pharmacy medicines can cause worse problem than the disease itself!! Have you foud some natural treatment?
@1hopefulman (31648)
I wash my feet with soap and soak my feet every night in some hot water with a squirt of the cheapest vinegar I can find and It does the trick. I also like the feeling.
@buenavida (8147)
• Sweden
This seems to be a cheap and efficient treatment! Thank you!!
@1hopefulman (31648)
@buenavida Try it, if it works for you great.
@buenavida (8147)
• Sweden
@1hopefulman I'll test with silver water at first, then can try with vinegar or coconut oil..
@louievill (19346)
Coconut oil is one of the most effective and we have a lot here. The fatty acid disrupts the life cycle of fungi by acting on the membrane.
@buenavida (8147)
• Sweden
Yes, coconut oil is good for many things.. Thank you for explaining how it works.. I've heard this oil is good for the heart and arteries and memory too..
@louievill (19346)
@buenavida that one is virgin coconut oil cause it's not heat treated. I think for fungal infection even the ordinary one would do, some people here still use it to massage their scalps, sounds logical cause nails and hair is the same material keratin. We have alot of coconuts here and my wife is good at cooking the meat to extract the oil, I would be more than glad to give you some if only you live nearby
@buenavida (8147)
• Sweden
@louievill Great! I take virgin coconut oil every day. Good to learn more about coconut oil - I have learned so many good things about it! I buy the oil from a nearby store, but thank you for the thought of giving me some..
I have heard that if you have this, you have to go to the doctor and have him give youthe right med. Toenail fungus is not something easy to get rid of and the bed med is something to take that does some damage to the liver. That´s why it has to be supervised by a doctor.
@buenavida (8147)
• Sweden
I am getting news letters from some doctors online and they are warning for some treatments that are even more dangerous than the fungus itself, so I will try using the natural treatments first. It seems coconut oil and vinegar are commonly used for this problem. Let's see how it works. I can do more research, as this fungus seems to be very common - Thanks for your advice..
Crazyhorseladycx told me that Vick's vapour rub will get rid of it, though it may take a few months. I haven't tried it myself, but she's a canny lady.
@buenavida (8147)
• Sweden
Thanks - Looks like the fungus does not like the smell of this product..
Apple cider vinger will work and you pour it directly on your fungus. Get a lemon and the lemon juice is good to put on the fungus to.
@buenavida (8147)
• Sweden
Thanks a lot! It seems the fungus does not like the acid of vinegar and lemon..