Coming together bit by bit...

Shouldn't be much longer and this house will be completely rehabbed/remodeled and ready to rent out. Boss and I and one other friend of his have done all the interior work ourselves...floors, walls, ceilings, electric...we started by ripping out the old carpeting and priming all the walls and ceilings with white oil-based paint, and then have been going from there. All the rooms were carpeted except the kitchen and bathroom..we laid new flooring in the kitchen and the living room, as well as the hallway and closets in all bedrooms. New carpeting went into the 3 bedrooms. New cabinets and ceiling in the kitchen, as well as the light fixture. 5 ceiling fans. More paint everywhere. Pulled all the doors down, painted them, new hinges/doorknobs, 3 deadbolts in the outside doors, new light switches and electric outlets. Pulled all the trim (haven't got it all finished putting the new in yet.) But we're slowly getting to the end... Kind of a nice feeling to sit back at the end of a day and say "Yeah...I did that".
What a great job! I always loved doing stuff like this. A group of us brought a run-down house once and turned it into something nice. It was the best feeling. You should be proud of this. It looks great.
Boss ended up moving his parents into this one after we finished, it did come out real nice
@JolietJake I can imagine his parents were very thrilled.
Congratulations! I want to sell my house and I´m wondering whether I should remodel it a bit first or sell it as is.
Boss got this from the bank, they had foreclosed on a guy that went to prison. It was in pretty rough shape when we started on it a couple weeks ago.
@JolietJake I´d like to sell my house (it is in a good shape) and buy a house to remodel near the metro. AND smaller and 1 floor only. And if there´s money left, I could get a small apartment for lease.
You did a great job, its so clean and fresh looking-especially compared to the original photo that you posted.
The rooms look wonderful! Yes, great pride should be taken in that work!
It looks like "well done' work. Congratulations.
@nomus24g (22859)
Whose house is it?
My Boss owns it, it will be a rental house. He has 10 houses now that he rents out.
@nomus24g (22859)
@JolietJake 10 houses?? what are you saying - must be a filthy rich guy !!
@nomus24g The bank owns the mortgage on some, he uses the rent to pay the mortgage with and gets a little extra on top. Some of the houses were bought for back taxes owed on them and he owns those outright. I wouldn't call him 'rich' but he's doing alright.
@mysdianait (64058)
That looks a lovely place indeed. I presume that there are lawa that you have to follow concerning the electric fittings and such? Here we have to have permission to knock down walls and renovate places.
There probably are laws/codes, but what they don't know...
@mysdianait (64058)
@JolietJake Ah but they find out here... and then make a law every now and then that anyone who did renovations without permission can pay a fine and it is all put under the carpet
@mysdianait All electrical work is supposed to be done by a certified electrician, but Boss has me run new outlets and such all the time.
@AutumnSnow (4584)
That awesome I can imagine how relived you must be feeling beautiful job.
The first day it was like "Jeez...we'll never get this done". We've been on it two weeks today and it's going pretty good.
the wood (laminate?) floors look great!
They are a wood type flooring, the boards interlock together.
looks great. You did an outstanding job.
I was supposed to go under it today to run an electric line, but Boss had to go home to a sick kid so it got moved back a day or two and I went to another house to fix a few things.
I wish we knew how to do many of those things, floors need redone, and we have no idea where to start, other than we need more money saved for it
@Mike197602 (13456)
• Worcester, England
Looks good Very neutral which is always good for a rental. I helped my brother in law with one of his and my sisters houses for a week which was a nice but tiring experience.
I bet it is. I helped my ex one time with a remodel he was doing. Had to help him carry this heavy but beautiful custom door and do clean up. I felt pretty good at the end of the day. And, he tipped me with actual $$. That was nice.