How Do You React When You Hear a Door Slam?

@zebra2222 (5113)
How do you react when you hear a door slam? Do you jump up? Do you appear anxious or fearful? Are you calm and just let the whole thing pass? Are you curious as to who slammed the door? It all depends on the situation. However, in some ways it can seem threatening or an angry reaction to someone or something. How do you react?
@rina110383 (24145)
That happens often in the building where I live. I just ignore it. It makes me jumpy.
@zebra2222 (5113)
I had a student who did this to wooden doors in the school. He actually slammed the door so hard that it broke the hinges at the top.
@clrumfelt (5421)
@zebra2222 Anger issues or just mischievous?
@clrumfelt (5421)
If I wasn't expecting anyone I would be curious and have to see who it is. But the door wouldn't slam unless it was someone I know because I keep it locked and only family members know where the extra key is kept.
@sofssu (14481)
When someone slams the door in anger it tells me that they are not in control of their emotions.. It could also mean that I have an upper hand.. I just sit coolly and watch.
With only two of us here I would mostly think that someone left an exterior door open and the draught has caused another to slam. It wouldn't worry me usually.