Time to Hang Out With You All

Green Bay, Wisconsin
I've had a busy and frustrating day as I whittled away at my living room trying to make sense of the disorder there. As I've been doing, I watched another segment of the Olympics, nothing major in this segment, just prelims on Day 3. Frustration was had with my new blue ray player. I can't get it to connect with the Internet. Everything I've tried just keeps telling me I'm not connected. However, I can watch a movie if I so desire and I have plenty to choose from. I also made dinner/supper a little while ago. It really had my taste buds yearning for it to come out of the oven. I made meatloaf with fresh tomatoes pureed in my Ninja, fresh broccoli with shredded cheese, and mashed potatoes. When my son and his friend arrived to try to figure out why the Blu Ray isn't connecting I heard appreciative comments about my supper. They were on their way out to eat as well. So with my day almost gone and nothing happening here, it's time I joined you all for the rest of the night - at least until my son returns my car and I take him home. I did have a good two hour workout in the pool this morning. So it was a good day all around. How was your day? I hope you had a productive day as well. Thanks for reading.
@DeborahDiane (16981)
• Laguna Woods, California
@just4him - Technology can be the most frustrating part of moving! I am slowly getting things working, too!
I had to call both the Internet and the Blue Ray maker to get it working right.
• Laguna Woods, California
@just4him - I'm glad they were finally able to get it working for you! Some days, I just hate technology!
@DeborahDiane Yes, and I had to do the same thing with the TV. I wish technology was easier.
Sounds like a good dinner and my day has been not that great, but will hopefully get better at some point.
I hope your day gets better. Did you go for a walk yet?
@jstory07 I've only done swimming so far.
I'm sorry you didn't have a good day.
it would be an excellent day if my son would email me telling me he has got the rent problem all figured out but have not heard from him yet
I hope he contacted you and has it worked out.
@just4him yes its being updated and all will be well.
@Hatley That's wonderful!
@shivamani10 (11162)
• Hyderabad, India
I really do not understand why I am missing myLoters nowadays. Earlier, I was haivng some time to meet you all inspite of my busy schedule. But, since a fortnight I am unable to meet you all. I am getting tired after working on many sites. I think so. It must be one of the reasonable reasons.
I only work here. I'm sure if I spent time on multiple sites I'd be missing a lot of people too.
Computers, internet etc can really be a pain sometimes. But we'd miss them too much to give them up.
Yes we would. I ended up calling both the Internet provider and the makers of the Blue Ray player to get it all working the way it should be.
We did get a nice walk around Wal-Mart and we now know where everything in the store is. There was nothing good on clearance to resale. So we came home with something for Patches and that was it.
I'm sorry you couldn't find anything good for resale. But I am glad you learned the store layout.
Sounds like an awesome dinner. I have been craving meatloaf lately. I guess I will have to make one. Sounds like you had a good day in spite of the Blue Ray not working. My day was pretty good. I worked all day and had a relaxing evening. Almost time to head off to bed but want to catch up on here first.
I have it working now. I needed to make two calls - to the Internet provider and the blue ray maker to get it working as it should.
@just4him Oh good! Glad to hear you got it working correctly.
@Happy2BeMe Had to call them again for the TV when I got it set up last night. Everything is now working great!
• Portland, Connecticut
I have a busy day coming up. We are going to take a bus trip with the senior center and when we get back we are picking up Jack at preschool. That should be fun.
It does sound like fun. Where did you go with the Senior Center?
• Portland, Connecticut
@just4him To the Yale Gallary of Art which is fabulous collection.
@BelleStarr That does sound like a fun trip.
@mom210 (5951)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Unfortunately it seems Tiny has come down with something. He has had a fever all day and cannot keep anything down. So my day was spent cleaning up after him. When he gets sick like this I always have to worry that his shunt is malfunctioning. But most likely it is just a bug. Take care
I hope he's feeling better. I know it's so hard when our children are sick.
@mom210 (5951)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@just4him he is better and it was just a bug, I will always worry just a little extra with him though because he has gone through so much.
@mom210 I'm sure you will. I'm glad it was just a bug and he's doing better now.
@ria1606roy (2640)
• Kolkata, India
A busy day with a good ending
It did have a good ending.
@thelme55 (12413)
My day has just started. I went with my cousin to the city yesterday and went food shopping. When we arrived home, we were tired. I just did an hour gardening after that. After dinner I went to bed as I could not open my eyes due to tiredness.
You had a full day and no wonder you were tired.
Your dinner sounds delicious.
It was. Best meatloaf I ever made. I'll be making it with fresh tomatoes from now on.
@rina110383 (24203)
Another lucky & happy day for me. A client hired me on Upwork to do an hourly translation of their visual dictionary site. I can work for him for a maximum of 40 hours/week, until 21 of September. I'm excited. I'll start tonight once I get home from work.
That does sound exciting. Congratulations!
@AutumnSnow (4600)
Sounds like a good day. I hope you got your player to working it can be festurating. Nothing much has been going on here. Have a good night.
The only way I could get it to work was to call my Internet provider and the maker of the blue ray player. It's working great now.
@clrumfelt (5426)
It was a good day for me too. I went to the post office early and then to my neighbor's yardsale. Then I started watching some YouTube videos about prophecy and politics and such and that was interesting. Anyway I kept pausing the player to sweep and vacuum and do laundry. Leftover lasagna for supper, then get on the computer for some mylotting. That's my day.
That was a pretty full day.
I am grateful I still own VCR tapes that can be watched cause the whole Blue-Ray system is so different than the DVD system that I am just satisfied with tapes, I know old school me right ? heee heee
I found my VCR when I was getting packed and brought it with as I know when I got the first DVD player it still worked and I have VCR tapes. However, I plugged it in and it doesn't work unless I missed a step somewhere in hooking it all up.
@just4him lets hope you just missed a step
@enlightenedpsych2 I don't know what it would be. Oh well, the new one works great.
Glad you had a nice day. The meatloaf dinner sounds good. We maybe in need of the same soon here. My days are about average so far.
Average isn't bad.
@just4him ....With severe depression and a teenager with issues to put up with I think things are going pretty good right now.
@celticeagle It's good to hear that. I hope it stays that way.
did they ever figure it out?
I call AT&T and LG to get the blue ray player working. It's working great now.
@just4him glad to hear it!
@Jessicalynnt I had to call LG again to get my new TV to work the way it should. I didn't have any channels coming up. Now it's all good.
@wiLLmaH (8165)
• Singapore, Singapore
Can't wait to go home for a dinner too :)
I hope you had a good one. By the way, I got your postcard on the last day I was at the house. I thought I had given you my new address. Thank you so much. It's very lovely.
@wiLLmaH (8165)
• Singapore, Singapore
@just4him Whew! I am thinking that maybe you will not received it. :) Glad you liked it! :)
@wiLLmaH I really did, thank you.
@Jackalyn (6538)
• Oxford, England
Well the last two days were really taken up with the Alpha course. I have spent several hours of each locked in a detention centre. Somehow it seems to take me the whole day as I am exhausted when I get home. Apart from microwaving dinner and phoning a friend I just collapsed into bed. Oh I did watch youtube for a bit.
Sounds like an exhausting day.