The Courteous Smoker

Colorado Springs, Colorado
I swear, I seriously want to quit smoking. It is however, much harder than I thought it would be when I took up the sport. In the meantime, I try to be a courteous smoker. From what I've witnessed, I might be the only one. One thing I like to do is smoke during my walks to our local convenience store, or the liquor store. I do have a personal courtesy policy, however. I don't smoke around kids. Same goes for pregnant women, elderly, and people on oxygen. I also properly dispose of my butts properly, whether it be in a butt container in front of a bar, or grinding it out with my foot and tossing it into a trash can. I just wish more people would follow such a personal policy. Because the ones who don't give us all a bad name. Too bad it's so hard to quit. Meanwhile, I'll keep being courteous.
Originally written by the great Merle Travis and Tex Williams.
@Yadah04 (3025)
i hope every smoker will be able to read this and be courteous themselves. god bless you with that quitting too.
Unfortunately, from what I've seen, none of my fellow smokers seem to care.
@Yadah04 (3025)
@teamfreak16 you can see that again. like there are some people who smoke on a public transportation unmindful of the people around them. so that makes me appreciate you more as being a courteous smoker.
That is very nice you're courteous. I hope you get to quit! It is definitely hard (I don't smoke, but have been around a lot of people who quit even my dad). I have been to a casino before where the dealer is pregnant (they wear a different type of outfit so you know they're pregnant) but the gamblers just smoke in front of her and blow smoke directly to her face. It's her job to work in that industry so she'll get second hand smoke regardless but at least during the 30 minutes of her being the dealer (as they alternate), can't people blow a different direction if they wanted to smoke badly! They are allowed to at all means to smoke but I would hope people would be more thoughtful.
I think I'd probably wait or take a break and go outside or something.
@teamfreak16 That would be nice! By all means one can smoke but be considerate and blow a different direction. I felt bad for her but it's her occupation so she knows the risks!
@infatuatedbby - Still, it's kind of rude.
@Ronrybs (7302)
• London, England
Over here they are more into a policy of forcing smokers into good behaviour. Not sure it is working
Here they are just trying to ban it everywhere. It's getting to where you won't even be able to smoke at home!
@Ronrybs (7302)
• London, England
@teamfreak16 Have you tried vaping? My brother is trying that. Lucky for me, I tried a ciggy when I was 17 and was so ill I never tried again!
@Ronrybs - I have, and it worked. I'm waiting for them to solve the exploding battery problem before I start again.
I've always complained how smokers are terrible at having manners. But you do seem to be a courteous one. Most of my friends who were smokers quit when they got hooked in cycling.
I'm getting to where I don't even enjoy it anymore.
I've always said that I have nothing against people smoking, just so long as they don't make me smoke too by polluting my air. Well done to you for being so considerate.
Thank you, I do try.
Smoking is almost socially non-acceptable here nowadays. The poor old shop assistants get x minutes from time to time and can be seen out in the cold somewhere in a service bay having their smoke.
It's that way here too. It's getting to where you won't be able to smoke anywhere.
@amandajay (18072)
• North Shore, New Zealand
Its better if you can quit.. May god will give you courage.
Thanks. It's harder than I thought.
@amandajay (18072)
• North Shore, New Zealand
@teamfreak16 Think you can... Don't be negative. You will get rid of that. Don't worry.
@amandajay - I have, and it worked, but until they solve the exploding battery problem, I'm staying away.
Great vintage clip!
It totally fits here.