I try not to brag...

By JJ
Olney, Illinois
"And then you walked Right Out of my heart You know it's all over town" April Wine - All Over Town ...in point of fact, is telling the truth, when asked, bragging? I'd like to do a discussion about my earnings here for the year so far, which have been pretty good for myLot, and maybe it would give some impetus to some users that are curious as to how much one can 'earn' here, but then I am worried about the crowd that would simply say I was 'bragging'. So I keep canning the idea. *sips coughee* But to make a point...I could make an earnings discussion, and it would likely get 4-5 times as many responses as the one I recently posted about my old life as a drug addict/user. It seems any time I make a 'serious' topic, most people show absolutely no interest in it. Which I thought was rather weird...but then again, maybe most people come here to have a bit of fun and get away from all the 'serious' stuff. I don't know. *inhales 43 cancer-causing agents* "All I wanna do is rock and roll... All I wanna do is rock Rock some more" April Wine - Wanna Rock I really like this album, but it seems the most popular song on it (Just Between You and Me) shouldn't be on it...it really isn't an indication of what the rest of the album sounds like. Because everything else on it RAWKS!!! But I digress... *sips coughee* Anyway, it's about time to flip the album over, so I'll get this over with. (Today's Morning Coughee Music from April Wine)
From the album "The Nature Of The Beast" from 1981.
I will admit, I read that one. I think the bigges thing is what do we say? That sucks? Cause it did. Glad you got away from it? Cause we are. So much of that is hard to comment on because we, or I at least, found myself staring at the keyboard....what can I possibly say? Light discussions are easier to connect too. -shrugs- I will note I did read the whole thing....and I am sad. sad for you, sad for those hurt during those years, sad for the loss of family, the loss of possibility, and glad, glad you got away, glad you are able to find enjoyment in other things now...
@mavlana (1031)
Very good morning. .....I ageee that people pay less attention on serious topics. ..enjoy the coffee with music..
• Olney, Illinois
Coughee and vinyl are two required morning items for me most days
@mavlana (1031)
@JolietJake Perhaps for the whole day... :p
• Olney, Illinois
@mavlana If I didn't have to go to work, probably so
Good morning. I think that most people look for something other then "direction" as far as discussions go, that and I know I steer away from the one liner question discussions.
• Olney, Illinois
I did quite a bit on them trying to give 'pointers' a few months back, but I'm not quite sure if I should do any more of them
@JolietJake I think that the problem with those types of discussions is that the number of new members that might benefit from them are short-lived, so many register, do a week or so of work, and then poof....they disappear. And then you wrote all of that for nothing.
@sishy7 (27748)
Good morning! Sounds like a cool album but not something I'm familiar with... Your earnings, on the other hand, is something I have a pretty good idea of...
• Olney, Illinois
I see lots of questions about 'how much can you earn' and people saying 'myLot pays slow' and I could use it to answer both, but there is a particular group here that would start in with their crap.
It's a great album. I actually saw them in a Denver area bar back in the 90's.Why they we're playing bars, I have no idea.
• Grand Junction, Colorado
I see a lot of people that post to the discussions that are smaller, that people are able to leave a small response and move to the next. For me it just depends on my mood, for the day. I try to go to discussions that I can contribute something too. I'm of the old school mylot, don't just say something that everyone else has said. Read the responses/comments that have already been left. As for your earnings, I saw that you had commented to a post recently that your earnings were around $194 for the year, which is awesome. I wouldn't consider it bragging, by any means. I would say that you spend a lot of time here though to earn that much. I enjoy your discussions, I don't always have something worthwhile to say and so I leave after liking the discussion and some of the responses/comments that have been left. Some people here will always find the negative and pounce on it though.