Stand up to cancer.

Banks, Oregon
I am watching stand up to cancer, it's a show to raise money for cancer research, most all of us have been affected by this terrible disease in some form or fashion, for me it took my Grandma from me, she was my best friend and, she was the glue, that held the entire family together. I do have some good news though, it sounds like they are getting really close to being able to beat this disease, using amino therapy, it some how makes our own t sells recognize the bad cells and, they kill the bad cells. t cells are what keeps our body healthy from disease, but I guess with out amino therapy, they a lot of times can't recognize cancer cells as bad. I pray very soon, this disease will be as easily cured as the common cold.
then they are close to a real cure that would be so great.
Yes, it would be a miracle.
@RubyHawk (28444)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I've read this good news too. Lets hope it will soon be available to everyone. it will be a miracle.
It really is exciting. I hope it leads to immunization shot people can take as kids.
@RubyHawk (28444)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@TRBRocks420 I hope so, science is learning something new every day.
I pray the same. There has been improvement in the treatment of this disease though. Cancer used to be a really dreaded one, where people thought they'd die the moment they got one. But these days, we don't see that as a really terminal one. There's hope for a cure somehow.
@TRBRocks420 she might have kept the pain for long not wanting to know what she had. It was too late when she found out.
@toniganzon I believe her doctor misdiagnosed her, because before that my Grandma had other problems like having to get her gallbladder removed, also I can't remember, but I still remember the day when we found out, my Grandma was in so much pain, she couldn't walk by herself.
@TRBRocks420 That's a terrible thing. Doctor's do make mistakes sometimes that's why it's always good to seek a second or even a third opinion when the symptoms persist.
Yeah I seen some of that when I went to check on my sister and to make her eat dinner.
Glad you made her eat some dinner and, hope she gets better.
@TRBRocks420 Thank you!
@sallypup (28061)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Exactly why hubby and I have drastically changed our diets. The cells must have good fuel to nourish the body and all the chemicals and fats and other unnatural stuff of modern fake food will not keep us in good order.
Even I eat much healthier than I used too, but I don't in vision myself going that far with it. I enjoy the taste of food too much.
@sallypup (28061)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@TRBRocks420 This trip has taught me that there are some quite tasty vegetarian options in restaurants.
I hope some day that there is a cure. I have lost so many loved ones and see so many who have fought the battle and won but sadly it usually comes back . It is a terrible disease.
Same here my Dad recently beat it and, I pray it stays gone.
@TRBRocks420 I hope it does too.
@VivaLaDani13 (21595)
• Perth, Australia
@TRBRocks420 Hey that's great news! I didn't hear anything about this amino therapy! I wish cancer was banished forever. Cancer took my Uncle Danny so I too know what it's like to lose a loved one from this terrible illness. I'm so sorry your wonderful Grandmother was taken from it.
I pray someday it will be cured completely.
@Inlemay (16729)
• South Africa
wouldnt that just be the most marvelous cure in the world - I have too lost many friends to the dreaded disease and nearly my own hubby - I like your analogy on "she was the glue" I have been called that many times as they say my strength within my family and with all the pain - I keep things together.
She really was, my Dad's family has not been the same at all since she passed away, they barley even talk to each other and, don't get together on holidays.
There is no money in a cure. Big Pharma makes too much money off of treatment than they would from a cure.
Yes, but there are a lot of good people out there too, who really do care.
@franxav (5434)
I pray with you that this disease may be cured easily and without much expense of money.
Thank you I know someday it will.