I never thought I would see the day...

By JJ
...but I just saw it. I've cracked a few jokes about Scar and the raccoon plotting against me before. It's always seemed a bit odd that Scar is normally ready to kick serious ass when an animal is in the yard, but he's always been accepting of the raccoon(s). Well, I just had an eye-opener...I looked out, and Scar was sitting out there with the raccoon about 6 feet from him, so I went to get the camera to take some shots. To my absolute surprise, when I came back out, they were playing together! Scar would run up and give a little half-hop towards the raccoon, and it would run away about 4 feet, then turn back around...and wait for him to do it again! There was no hissing or growling or sign of aggression from either of them...just two buddies having fun. I watched them for a minute or two, and then decided to try to get closer for better pictures...and the raccoon saw me and left. But it is cool to know Scar evidently has a friend and I don't need to be as concerned about any fights happening between them
I just caught Scar actually playing with the raccoon out front!
@pgntwo (21463)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
John Wayne Davy Crockett Hat Raccoon
It's all a ploy - wait until you see Scar's new Davy Crockett hat...
I bet it would be the other way around...they're pretty much the same size, but Rocky outweighs him a bit
@JolietJake .....Quit that. LOL
How great is that, but I can't make out anything on your facebook link.
Unfortunately that camera is not very good, you might be able to see these a little better
@JolietJake That's better, I can make out Scar, but just the eyes of the raccoon.
@CinnamonGrl (5619)
• Paradise, California
That's so neat. Hope you get to see it again and maybe get a pic next time. We get a lot of critters out back, but I'm always late with the camera. And they're skittish
They are really dark, but I added some stills to the top of the discussion
thats great then the raccoon has a friend and scar has a fried. I have known of several people when I was in 'South Dakota who had pet raccoons some of them will get friendly with people they are fun to watch.
Careful about those wild friends. I have heard that they might carry diseases.
Wow that is very cool. Who would have thought such a thing would happen? Great video. Thank you for sharing.
That is very cool indeed. It is surprising which species can be friends if no-one tells them otherwise.
That is weird. We have had raccoons here for as long as I remember. Have seen and heard tales of terrible rows between them and the neighborhood cats. Yet our three cats haven't had a run in with any of them. Personalities I guess.
Good for the Scar, he's got a new buddy! Now you'll know who he's hanging with in those early morning hours when he demands to go outside.
Could Scar be falling in love with the raccoon?
How wonderful is that! Scar is always ready for a good time! A new friend for Scar!