Setting Pavers

The photo is mine.
@BettyB (4205)
Summerville, South Carolina
My backyard is a mess. It’s better than when we moved in, but it still has a long way to go. Last month we decided to build a second shed. My husband is really into Halloween and needs somewhere, beside all my closets, to store his tombstones, skeletons, and ghouls. The boys will come over and help him put it together (vinyl sheds are sturdy and they go up fast) but building the base falls to me. As I didn’t want to haul too many pavers and bags of sand at a time in my car, it’s taken a couple of weeks to accumulate all the supplies I needed. I started laying the foundation yesterday and put another couple of hours on it this morning. Hauling pavers and 50 pound bags of sand around is hard work. As far as I’m concerned, I’ve done my exercise for the day. I should have the base done by the end of the week. The shed will probably wait until next month. That’s okay as we won’t need it until after Halloween.
Who needs a gym membership trying to keep up with you? That is a lot of hauling and lugging, but like you said in time it will be completed and practical.
@BettyB (4205)
• Summerville, South Carolina
If they needed it done in a day, someone else would have to do it.
Is the sand enough to keep the pavers in place? We built a concrete slab before building a shed.
@BettyB (4205)
• Summerville, South Carolina
We've used pavers on sand before and it does the job. The key is to make sure its level and the sand/dirt around the edges is as high as the pavers.
@BettyB It's a hard job. We are obliged to built a concrete slab, this is mandatory if we want to put a shed on it.
Will the sand be stable enough to take that weight?
@BettyB (4205)
• Summerville, South Carolina
It works. We used pavers for the base on the shed at the old house. The shed's been in place for fifteen years now.
yes ma'am, y'ave 'd yerself quite the workout! 'tis great though that the hubs'll soon 've a proper place to store his schtuff. 't times i wish the fella i'm wed to'd take more'f'n interest with decoratin' fer any holiday.
This would be quite an exercise. Quite hard work. I guess it will be great to get the Halloween stuff out of the house.
I hope you get it all done and the shed is up in time.
That is a lot of work. We have a vinyl shed too and it is very sturdy and has held up well. Yes, I think your job is done.
@garymarsh6 (14731)
OH gosh you must go into the halloween in a big way! We do not go as mad here in the UK.