Dashing Through the Snow

Santa Claus & Christmas Tree - Geralt-pixabay/CC) Public Domain
@dodoazo (22051)
These lines from the old Christmas song remind me of my kiddos time. I love to sing this Christmas carol. My friends used to make fun of this song. We invented some humorous lines and after we sang them, we laughed out loud. That good ole' days happened 56 years ago. We live in the Philippines. We've never touched or seen a snow in our place. If we insist on seeing one, we oblige ourselves to go to the capital and go to the big mall which fake snow for the children and adult to see. Nevertheless, it's not real. What's real for us is the spirit of Christmas. It is gradually being felt by us as the "ber" month already starts. What I am referring to the "ber" month is this September, October, November, and December. Now you get what I mean. Every early in the morning, I now overhear from our neighbour's portable radio Christmas songs, both foreign and local. As I getting up from the bed, I am singing along with the song played on the radio. In our country, we consider Christmas season is the joyous season every year. There are lots of fun, surprises. Gift-giving reigns in the Christmas Day. But the greatest event on the day of Christmas is the observance of the birth of Jesus Christ. People in all walks of life are coming to the Church to hear mass and to witness a tableau of Nativity before Christmas eve. At the Christmas eve, they've lots of preparation and sharing or exchanging of gifts. I couldn't forget that night when my late mother and father (my Santa Claus in real life) gave a gift wrapped in inexpensive Christmas wrapper. When I opened it, it's a pair of new shoes. Now, they're gone. Where can I get my Christmas gift? Remember Christmas is not only for the kids. It is also for the adult like me. image by Geralt/pixabay/CC0 Public Domain
• Uzbekistan
I find it weird to think of Christmas already in mid-September.
@dodoazo (22051)
You have a different culture than us. You treat it weird but for us, the spirit of Christmas is already knocking at our door. Actually, it is not Christmas time yet.
• Uzbekistan
@dodoazo I wonder when Christmas became associated with snow. There's certainly no snow in Jerusalem in December!
@dodoazo (22051)
@MALUSE There is no need to discuss. It's for the kids who appreciate the Christmas Carole. It is not a Christmas carole in Jerusalem or in Bethlehem. Please be sober. We're not here to discuss. I think you get the point. Whether you like Christmas wherever you are or not?
@shubhu3 (23892)
• New Delhi, India
This is so great.I always cherish and admire the way you people celebrate Christmas.In our country it's not celebrated with such zest and liveliness.I seriously admire this a lot.
@dodoazo (22051)
The point is that they're happy and enjoyed the celebration with peace and happiness in their hearts.
@shubhu3 (23892)
• New Delhi, India
@dodoazo Yeah and that is the main thing.
I think every holiday should be celebrated with as much joy and as early as one desires. Life has enough troubles to not make every holiday special.
@dodoazo (22051)
The spirit of giving is what Christmas all about and it should be practiced every day. It only originates in the birth of Jesus and that is Christmas Day.
Way too early for Christmas, I can certainly wait.
@dodoazo (22051)
That's right. Christmas time is a time for hope, a time to wait for the peace and goodwill toward me.
• Lenox, Georgia
I love the spirit of Christmas but I don't like the worry that comes with it as far as providing a good day for my children. They know the reason we really celebrate it but their still children and they want gifts. It's tough.
@dodoazo (22051)
Gifts for children don't necessary come from the store, the mall. They should come fro the hearts of every parent. Their love, their care, their moral support could be the valuable gifts you could give to your children. Your time in talking to them is also another great gift for you to give them when they need you.
@AutumnSnow (4582)
I love Christmas time and don't mind a little snow for Christmas but other than that I hate winter I don't do well with the cold,snow and especially ice.
@dodoazo (22051)
I understand. But we Filipinos do dream about that. Actually we couldn't resist the cool breeze of December.