A Raccoon Thanksgiving

@Raelove (15154)
Saco, Maine
We keep a free/swap box going in our community hall here, as it's a handy way to get rid of things we no longer want or need and that someone else could use. Last week, one of my neighbors put a Nutrisystem microwaveable turkey and stuffing meal in there, and I decided to try it. I rarely buy any of this stuff, so I figured the price was right, and if I didn't like it, I'd just toss it out back for the raccoons. Well, the 'coons lucked out again. The meal consisted of just what the label stated: two slices of turkey in gravy on top of a small mound of stuffing. After the cooking time of 1 1/2 minutes, I took it out, peeled the top all the way off, and sampled it. Now, I have never eaten dog or cat food, but I would bet money that this wasn't too far off. I can't even describe what it tasted like, except to say that it was like no other turkey and stuffing dinner that I've ever tasted. I've eaten boxed stuffing and gravy that comes in a jar or can, but this didn't even come close. So out the window it went, and this morning, it was gone. So the raccoons got their Thanksgiving early this year! Now I can understand why people who do the Nutrisystem method lose weight: the food is so bad they don't eat! (Public Domain Image)
• Pleasant Hill, California
Are you going to have a bunch of svelte raccoons in your neighborhood, wearing two piece swimsuits for the first time in yours?
@Raelove (15154)
• Saco, Maine
Well it won't be me wearing the two-piece suit!
@RubyHawk (21451)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I'm not surprised, I wonder if it's actually real food.
@Raelove (15154)
• Saco, Maine
I doubt it was from the way it tasted.
@RubyHawk (21451)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@Raelove At least it didn't go to waste. The raccoons liked it.
@Raelove (15154)
• Saco, Maine
@RubyHawk That's right. Thank God for the wildlife. Recycling at its finest.
You'll have raccoons sitting under your window waiting soon. :)
@Raelove (15154)
• Saco, Maine
Considering they come up mainly at night, I doubt I'd see them, as it's pitch black out back there. I do hear them at times, though, munching away.
At least the raccoons got to enjoy it. I have tried their food in the past and I was not impressed at all.
@Raelove (15154)
• Saco, Maine
This was so gross that I wished I could call Marie Osmond and tell her to quit trying to convince people to use this stuff.
@Raelove lol that's funny.
@Raelove (15154)
• Saco, Maine
@Happy2BeMe One bite was all it took to put me off Nutrisystem forever. Marie's gonna be hoarse before she ever convinces me!
That's pathetic! Probably sold at a high rate too.
@Raelove (15154)
• Saco, Maine
Those meals aren't cheap...I'd never buy one.
@Raelove ......I have seen them. You can figure there isn't much to it by the size of the box. Even if you wanted such a thing.
@Raelove (15154)
• Saco, Maine
@celticeagle True...
@CoolPeace (1620)
• Miami, Florida
Good it went to waste to the raccoons. Many need to understand there are delicious meals that are nutritious you can prepare on your own and help you lose weight and you don't have to paid for these diets.
@Raelove (15154)
• Saco, Maine
Absolutely. It's not as much what you eat but how much of it that is usually the problem. But these companies have duped people into thinking that THEIR products are better. Not always, as I have learned. And I'd much rather eat a small amount of something delicious rather than a larger amount of something bad.
@BettyB (4289)
• Summerville, South Carolina
There are some good convenience foods but the few that are good are so high priced that its not worth it.
@Raelove (15154)
• Saco, Maine
I was surprised, because this was a Nutrisystem meal, which I expected would have been high quality. Wrong!
it doesn't sound very appealing
@Raelove (15154)
• Saco, Maine
Trust me, it wasn't. I don't know why people waste money on those diet foods when all they have to do is eat less of what they like, and they'll lose weight.
I am shocked at what people will pay for losing weight? Buying "uneatable" food at a high price.
@Raelove (15154)
• Saco, Maine
This stuff wasn't worth the packaging it came in, which probably would have tasted better!
Hooray for the raccoons! So kind of you to give them a weight-loss meal. Even raccoons should not get too chubby for health reasons. Yes, I can imagine some diet meals are just yucky!
@Raelove (15154)
• Saco, Maine
Lol...considering how hard they have to work to find food, I doubt that raccoons have any weight issues. But that meal was made just for them, and not fit for human consumption! I hate to think what my neighbor paid for it, too...
@PatZAnthony (11730)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
From what we have heard from others, you are right on target about that stuff!