Neck braces?

@ElicBxn (60895)
I see people wearing them, and they look uncomfortable to me. However, there are times when it seems that my neck hurts just because my darned head is so heavy... Now, I know people wear them because of broken necks (not badly broken ones, but...) and whiplash, of which I'm sure I've had a few times. So, could anyone tell me if one of those things would help my neck or if they'd just make it worse...
@Bluedoll (17052)
Not a doctor or qualified if there is something wrong but if my neck gets sore I know I need a nice hot bath and relax and most importantly some exercise.
@ElicBxn (60895)
I had an MRI and know there is something going on in my neck, but nobody has suggested a neck brace, I'm just wondering...
@Bluedoll (17052)
@ElicBxn if the MRI showed something then it might be best to seek the advice of professionals? I guess someone that has had an injury could tell you of their experience wearing one though. Be careful okay.
@ElicBxn (60895)
@Bluedoll I was being seen by a professional, she was making sure that the "shadow" on the old MRI hadn't changed, that's why I know I have had whiplash - come on, you only have to be hit from behind once to get it, and I've totaled a car on the freeway, been hit from behind twice and landed on my head falling from a horse...
My husband's neck has hurt for decades, and he did have an MRI. I believe the doctor diagnosed the hurting as arthritis. I wonder if a home remedy for neck pain would help ease the pain. My husband's doctor never recommended wearing a neck brace.
@ElicBxn (60895)
I've tried patches in the past, with not great results. Maybe a different kind of patch?
@ElicBxn I think I saw that Aleve has a new product. It states it is for lower back pain, but it would work on the neck too. Not sure of the price.
Introducing Aleve Direct Therapy, a wireless TENS device with electrical nerve stimulation that can relieve lower back pain with a touch of a button.
@ElicBxn (60895)
@Corbin5 I'll check that out, THANKS!