Set your sights high

sofspics, butterfly
By sofs
@sofssu (14462)
This is the advice I always give my boys. My older boys seems to have taken my advice to heart and applied himself to everything he does. Last month he had applied for the Rhodes scholarship a free ticket to the Oxford university. This scholarship is offered to exemplary students around the world to enable them to do their post graduate course at the university. Last week we were happy to see his name among the shortlisted candidates.This week he will face his first round of interview. It would be such a great opportunity for him to do research in neurology/neurosurgery as he has always wanted to. We have been doing a series of mock interviews at home.. Today the Dean of his college has called him for another round of mock interview. I hope and pray that he will get what he has set his heart on.. His dedication and focus has always won my admiration. The actual interview is on Friday.. I hope everything works out for him.
@ilocosboy (34315)
Wow, congratulations to your son. I think the credit also goes to you because you guided him well. His motivation come from you and he did it because of your guidance to him.
@sofssu (14462)
@ilocosboy Thank you so much kind sir. I would also say that his determination and focus has taken him places at this young age.
You have a very smart son , my friend . I can feel the pride in your post . Is he a neurosurgeon already ? That's the specialization , our daughter has in mind . But as she nears graduation , it changed to General surgery , specializing on Oncology . She' and her boyfriend will be taking the second batch of exams on Saturday and Sunday .
@sofssu (14462)
@SIMPLYD No he isn't .. he wants to be one. He actually wanted to do neurosurgery but suddenly changed his mind to general surgery.. Now once again after working for a while in neurosurgery he has finally decided that this would be his specialization. Best wishes to you daughter and her boyfriend.
@sofssu So he is already a doctor ? Now , don't we have something common ?
@sofssu (14462)
@SIMPLYD We do have so many things in common already.. don't you think? LOL we won't be friends otherwise.
@salonga (28016)
I hope and pray for the best for your son. You are blessed to have such a brilliant son.
@sofssu (14462)
@salonga He is a blessing indeed. He revers God and his favour is with him.
@salonga (28016)
@sofssu How wonderful to know that!
@sofssu (14462)
i'm proud 'f him fer e'en tryin' such 'n wish him the best 'f luck!
@sofssu (14462)
@crazyhorseladycx Thank you so much... we have been doing our bit now doing another round of mock interviews.. LOL
@sofssu yer welcome!
that is super impressive and I wish him well!
@sofssu (14462)
@Jessicalynnt Thank you so much.. need all those positive thoughts.
@sofssu it would be quite the experience if he makes it, even if he doesnt it's an honor though
I wish good luck to your son. Neurology/neurosurgery are such a fascinating and interesting studies. I hope he can do what he likes to do.
@sofssu (14462)
@LadyDuck Thank you.. They are fascinating subjects indeed.. and he has always wanted to do work in this field of medicine.
@sol_cee (15487)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
You're smiling. A proud parent no doubt.
@sofssu (14462)
@sol_cee I am proud of him for all the hard work and passion he has for his professions. I admire his compassion for people more.
I will add my hopes and prayers to you. Wouldn't this be a wonderful opportunity for him?
@sofssu (14462)
@JudyEv It would indeed be an excellent opportunity for him.. I am not sure if I could afford to send him there on my own.. but this scholarship would be a God send. He would have to be among the top five in the country.
@sofssu Well, we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed. Our son in Ireland was offered a scholarship to do a PhD in jazz music. It gave him a basic wage for 3 or 4 years and he was still allowed to play at gigs etc. He was really battling financially so this has really been a blessing for him too. He has just handed in his thesis.
@sofssu (14462)
@JudyEv Wow, Its such a wonderful thing to be able to follow your dreams isn't it? So he has now a doctorate! How wonderful is that!! Congrats to the proud mama!
@ridingbet (53052)
i wish he will make it my dear. it will be a feather added in his cap, and your caps as well
@sofssu (14462)
@ridingbet He sees it as his calling.. I can only hope and pray all goes well.
@ridingbet (53052)
@sofssu seeing it as a calling makes it a vocation to him. my calling is also becoming a nurse, and i consider my profession as my vocation
@simone10 (21657)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I also hope and pray that everything goes his way. He sounds like an outstanding young man.
@sofssu (14462)
Thank you @simone10.. I am sure he will make it to the top 5 in the country... He is a prayerful, God loving young man.
@simone10 (21657)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@sofssu That is so great to know! There aren't many like him out there today.
Good luck to your son, I hope he gets the scholarship. You must be so proud of him.
@sofssu (14462)
@jaboUK He is a blessing.. Thank you so much for your good wishes.
That is somethings to be very proud of. I will say a prayer that he can become a Rhodes Scholar!!!!! Best of luck to him.
@sofssu (14462)
@DianneN Just as we talk he is getting ready for his interview.. Thank you for your prayers.. I am sure God hears all our prayers.
That is wonderful and congratulations to your son for his being on the list. Good luck for his interview!
@sofssu (14462)
Thank you so much @marlina .. for the wishes and the good thoughts.
@JustBhem (37185)
• Davao, Philippines
Congrats to your son he made it to the top. He will surely get what his heart desire.
@sofssu (14462)
Thank you @JustBhem . I hope and pray the same. I believe, God will supply all his needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
@sishy7 (27647)
Congratulations for making it on the chosen candidates list! All the best for him on Friday!
@sofssu (14462)
Thank you @sishy7.. All your wishes and prayers will surely help him.
@mom210 (6761)
• Atlanta, Georgia
You should be very proud, he sounds like quite a young man.
@epiffanie (10466)
oh how awesome! .. All the best to your son..