New Window Day, Take 2

@srhelmer (6930)
Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
Last week, our new window installation was rained out. It is rescheduled for today and, so far at least, it looks like the weather will cooperate. That means I'm staying home from the office while they install the windows on the front of our house, something I hope doesn't take an eternity. I do feel a bit sorry for our cat today. We need to lock him in our bedroom while the work is being done and I'm sure he isn't going to like that. But, it's for his own good. We wouldn't want him trying to get out while the windows were ripped out.
Windows...reminds me of a story I read where you could buy windows made of 'slow glass'...depending on the thickness of the glass, it could take years for an image to penetrate it, and the glass could 'capture' scenery...you could live in the city, buy a piece of glass, and have a window from a country scene that would show real life...trees changing color, spring grass growing, animals moving through the viewpoint, etc.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search This article is about the science fiction short story published in 1966. For the science fiction novel published in 2000, see The Light of Other Days. "Light of Other Days" Author Bob Shaw C
@CinnamonGrl (6065)
• Paradise, California
Oh, I hope it goes smoothly! Yes, this stuff is hard on the animals. Different routine. Does your cat yowl by any chance?
@srhelmer (6930)
• Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
He's 17 so I'm hoping he'll just sleep.
I sympathize with you, I hated the days when the new windows were installed. Good luck!
@jannpa (499)
Good luck today with the windows & hope that Apollo will forgive you for locking him up even if it is for his own good lol