Darling's, I'm Back!

@Inlemay (16490)
South Africa
I am so brazen and shameless in being away all day and then having the charming pertness to announce that I am back! Having been wind swept all over a Lawn Bowling Green today was not pleasant but totally necessary, as I was almost at a cabin fever limit of no return. The walls have been closing in on me, and it was either get out and be wind swept or suffer another closet day again. I chose the former and thankfully so pleased I did. Hello everyone - Darling's that left their calling cards without me even asking - you are such marvelous people even if i dont say it enough! The lovely photo is of a postcard received from @Jeanniemaries who just wonderfully calls me LANY on the address listing. That is who I am, and even my postman thinks that I must have become someone famous suddenly with the stacks of Mail from around the WORLD flooding into my letterbox - makes me a First Name Basis Celeb - Like talking about Madonna, or Cher . . . Oh I am sure you know what I mean. Pretty Flamingo's taken in the Homosassa Springs State Wildlife Park where the pretty Flamingo's pose for the visitors. Home to many other native Florida birds and mammals van be seen in their natural habitat from the elevated boardwalk provided. Interesting fact is that the word "Flamingo" comes from Portuguese or Spanish flamengo, "flame-colored" and quite aptly so. This reminds me of a time when my daughter would do her Spanish Dancing of the Flaminco and ruffle her skirt too and fro like the wings of the said bird. Now I am off to read all the calling cards - happy evening to you all from me! Thank you for my postcard Jeannie Marie!
@IreneVincent (16031)
I've been to Homosassa Springs. My sis-in-law lives in Spring Hill, Florida and I used to visit her quite often. She took me to Homosassa to see the manatees.
@Inlemay (16490)
• South Africa
It sounds like a very interesting place to visit and explore
Yes, the manatees are really the star of the show at Homosassa Springs!
@Jeanniemaries It was cold the day we visited there. Cold for Florida, that is, and I remember that they were concerned about the manatees being in the cold water. I found out later that a person can "adopt" a manatee. I looked it up online and found lots of information that I shared on another site (Bubblews) I don't think I have shared anything on myLot about the manatees yet. BTW did you receive my post card yet?
How did you get on at bowls? I've been watching some people play today - perhaps I might try it sometime. I've not been here today myself until now, apart from 20 mins this morning.
@Inlemay (16490)
• South Africa
Oh Darling - you have been amiss as I have - ha ha ha Bowling was good, apart from the wind, I had a great day full of tea and chatter and now and then a draw on the JACK - I think Bowling and MyLot are my saving grace at the moment.
@KristenH (23308)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Nice postcard and welcome back.
@Asylum (48282)
• Manchester, England
Your postman is right because you are a celebrity on Mylot.
@Inlemay (16490)
• South Africa
Ahhhh - thanks Barry (kisses and waves all round)
Absolutely!
These are amazing creatures. I don't think we have them here except perhaps in zoos.
@Inlemay (16490)
• South Africa
We have one of the worlds largest sanctuaries in the Kimberley area that we visited lost month, however we did not go to explore it this time round
I created a postcard monster!
@Inlemay (16490)
• South Africa
YOU did!! Just look at me
@Inlemay I am quite proud, lol
lovely card :) glad'ja got to get out, hon.
@Inlemay (16490)
• South Africa
it was a necessary outing - today i have to drive to the University to apply for a course - my daughter is doing another diploma
@BettyB (4221)
• Summerville, South Carolina
You are in a chipper mood. I'm glad you enjoyed your day.
@Inlemay (16490)
• South Africa
I think it was all that exercise - play a full day of lawn bowls is the same as walking 10km - just we have tea inbetween - he he
@xFiacre (4266)
@inlemay Dereliction of duty I'd say. And don't you think flamingos as well as being remarkable looking birds are a bit short? I bet the boy flamingos don't like being pink.
@Inlemay (16490)
• South Africa
ha ha ha - as in nature its probably the BOYS that are the MOST pink!
They are lovely birds.
Oh, I didn't know the history of the name! Very aptly named as they are so vibrantly pink they dazzle the eye! I love the vision in my head of them ruffling their wings like a Flaminco dancer! I know what you mean about the mail man speculations! It's crazy fun to get postcards from all over the world! one arrived from France yesterday in my mailbox
I miss playing bowl, that was something I really liked. I remember the Flamenco dancers in Spain, beautiful costumes.