People Still Amaze Me

@noni1959 (3739)
We are still processing the paperwork and arranging for my ex-husband's cremation. Today the funeral director called and said a "cousin" called to ask for some of his cremains. That "cousin" happens to be a long time ago shack up of his deceased brother. They had no relationship and there is no reason for her to have them. She called every funeral home in the city just to find the one he is at. Later we got a call a man went into his place and claimed he was the sole beneficiary of all his things. The police had to be involved and new locks put on. I'm waiting for his sister next. They haven't had a relationship in over 20 years. If she thinks there is money, she'll pull the loving sister role. She already messaged me asking questions. I'm waiting for her to call all over. There's always a few in the bunch. tsk
• Otis Orchards, Washington
This is true. A few years ago I bought a couch from a friend. We made out a contract and I paid her every month until the couch was paid for. Not long after my friend passed away there was a knock on my door. My friend's niece had found the contract and had come to collect whatever I owned. Thank goodness I had paid with checks so I could prove I had paid in full.
@noni1959 (3739)
Good thing you had the proof. I had something happen to me similar years ago. I bought a clarinet and made two installments. I had just given the last one and took it home when she went into the hospital and soon passed. Her sister called me and said she wanted me to pay another $100 because I didn't give it's worth. Seems she found our agreement. I told her no and hung up. She left one more voice message and the quit.
• Otis Orchards, Washington
@noni1959 You made a deal with the person who passed and you should not be subject to having to pay more. It's a bit sad that some people feel the need to try to take an advantage of others.
Goodness me. It's bag of worms, isn't it? I wonder who the guy was? Was he stopped from taking anything? Who is looking after the house? You don't need to answer. :)
@noni1959 That's very sad. Who could have taken money from his account and how? Some people are really lowlives.
People have severe mental problems wow.
@noni1959 (3739)
Yes they do. The one claiming as a cousin definitely does. We didn't want them to know but someone told someone who told....Now it's listed so more will pop out.
Did the sister called about all his things ? Who was that man who tried claiming that he is the sole beneficiary of all his things? Oh my , people can go to lengths when there are properties or money from the deceased person .