Feeling Tropical Storm Julia

@BettyB (4209)
Summerville, South Carolina
Tropical Storm Julie caught everyone by surprise. Tropical storms rarely form over land. They usually need the energy from the warm water to form. No one was watching for it. Florida and Georgia had little warning. It hasn’t reached us here in South Carolina yet, but we’re getting the rain spinoff. I didn’t even realize a tropical storm had formed until my sister in North Dakota called to find out what was going on. Their weather forecaster mentioned it during their weather report. As long as it’s just rain and a little light wind, I don’t mind a tropical storm. It’s when they turn into hurricanes that I worry. How’s your weather? Has fall set in yet? The photo is of Otto, my son's dog, hiding from a thunderstorm.
We are supposed to get rain tonight but so far I haven't seen any.
@BettyB (4209)
• Summerville, South Carolina
We had a good bit. Puddles in my back yard.
aw, poor pup! he's a cutie though :) i've not heard 'f this storm, but've not been payin' much mind to the weather 'cross the states. i hope that all fair well through 't. the weather here's been most autumn-like 'n although i 'ppreciate what rain's made 't here, i aint too fond 'f the cooler weather'n the wee hours 'f morn. one wears layers so they can shuck 'em 's the mornin' progresses 'n then ya gotta hunt where ya did such 's the sun starts to go down'n yer'n need 'f 'em 'gain. stay safe!
@BettyB (4209)
• Summerville, South Carolina
Generally he doesn't mind storms, as long as someone is close by. Home alone and he freaks out.
What a sweet picture. You can tell Otto is scared of thunder. It is raining and windy here on the east coast. It is probably the tail end of one of the many storms that is going on now. It's a good evening to be home where it's warm and dry.
@BettyB (4209)
• Summerville, South Carolina
Stayed in last night. Our Bible study was cancelled. I guess they didn't want a bunch of old people driving in the rainy dark.
@BettyB That was a good call. Best to be home where its save on nights like that.
Otto is adorable. If we ever get one here we would all be in shock
@BettyB (4209)
• Summerville, South Carolina
I don't think you get too many tropical storms in El Paso. Have a good day!
We did get some heavy rain once back in 2006 @BettyB it was the year we broke all precipitation records over the past 100 years but hopefully that won't happen again anytime soon.
We don't have fall season here. But weather is nice today and sunny though some parts of my country are experiencing a typhoon at the moment.
@BettyB (4209)
• Summerville, South Carolina
Our weather is usually nice in September. It's a little cooler and not as humid, but still shorts weather.
@BettyB The coolest here is from December to january, but still sunny and we wear shorts.
I have only been once in a tropical storm. We don´t have them where I live.
@BettyB (4209)
• Summerville, South Carolina
I don't really mind the tropical storms. Its the hurricanes that scare me.
@BettyB The thing is that you never know when one thing will lead into the other. It is like when it starts to tremble here. I never know if it will get to be a big earthquake.
@CoolPeace (1587)
• Miami, Florida
Here in Miami we are in hurricane seasons.
@BettyB (4209)
• Summerville, South Carolina
At least its winding down. One month to go and we're in the clear.
That's a lovely photo. Otto looks like he is worried that someone is going to pinch his blanket.
@BettyB (4209)
• Summerville, South Carolina
He's a sweet dog and loves to snuggle under the blankets and throws.
Thunderstorms frighten our dog too.
@BettyB (4209)
• Summerville, South Carolina
He doesn't freak out but he does like to hide under something. I guess he figures that blanket will protect him.
He is so cute. I hope that you don't get more than rain and light wind.
@BettyB (4209)
• Summerville, South Carolina
I hope the rain and wind back off soon. I'm not ready for winter weather.
Otto is totally adorable, huggable to be exact! I had no idea that they named this storm after me-that's never happened before, hope that you don't get it too bad. Stay safe.
@BettyB (4209)
• Summerville, South Carolina
He is a sweet dog.
Hope it doesn't get too bad.
@BettyB (4209)
• Summerville, South Carolina
It didn't. There are a couple tree limbs down in the backyard and the backyard looks like a great big puddle.
Otto seems really scared. Hope it won't be a big one.
@BettyB (4209)
• Summerville, South Carolina
It wasn't. We got rain and a little wind. The picture was taken a few years ago. When we moved, Otto stayed with our son. I thought about him when the lightning started.