Favorite Sitcom characters # 10 - Captain Kirk.

Banks, Oregon
I am doing this new series started by Scott Ganschow and, Four Walls, my # 10 is none other than Captain Kirk of the USS Enterprise. Captain Kirk is of course played by the legendary William Shatner, who is still very active today, he was a great captain though, he actively fought for himself many times, always beat the bad guy and, got the girl, also most importantly he was always in control of the Enterprise. Well except maybe that one time when he had to fight Spock. I remember that episode, but not sure how it turned out, it's hard to believe Star Trek only lasted 3 seasons, it did go on to have a cartoon and, a bunch of movies though, plus reruns are still playing today.
Although I liked very much Captain Kirk, my absolute love was Spock.
Yes, they were both awesome and, hard to pick.
@silvermist (20100)
@TRBRocks420 I remember watching Star Trek on TV with my son.It was so many years ago. He was there in the movie Miss Congeniality and in the TV series Boston Legal.
I used to love watching it as a kid with Grandma.
@silvermist (20100)
@TRBRocks420 Grandma Mary?
Kirk appealed to me as the ladies man but Spock appealed to me for his intelligence, while McCoy was the compassionate man to the verge of being illogical. In my mind they were inseparable. Shatner however did some excellent work on Boston Legal which I think had some ground breaking stories and characters.
They were all great, it's really hard to choose. Scotty was a good one too.
@FourWalls (13799)
The thing that was so terrific about Star Trek is that, despite the fact that the series was made in the mid-60s, the special effects were pretty dang good! My favorite episodes were "A Piece of the Action," where they landed on a planet that was similar to 1920s mob-run Chicago; and "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield," which featured Frank Gorshin.
Yeah, the special effects were awesome for the 60's, everything about that show was ahead of it's time. Lucy even loved Star Trek.
@Dena91 (4256)
We watched the marathon on BBC over the weekend celebrating 50th anniversary of the show. It and The Next Generation are our favorites. We watched them all but those are the best. Have a blessed day
I watched a little bit of that too and, same here the original and, next generation was the best.
@MissNikki (2689)
I'm always surprised when I am reminded that Star Trek originally lasted only 3 seasons. It was so iconic!
Yeah, I know as a kid I thought it lasted like 20 lol, but I think the network didn't like the issues they dealt with at the time.
If I recall, McCoy rigged up a shot that made everyone think Spock killed him so they could get Kirk and safely to the ship. Something like that anyway.
Sounds about right. I will have to re watch Star Trek someday.