Just because.

@xFiacre (8346)
Ireland
I called a government office today. The helpful man explained that I needed to call a different number and I asked him for that number. He said that office was closed for lunch and if I called him after 13.45 he would give me the number. I asked if he could give me the number while I was talking to him and I would call it after 13.45 but he wouldn't, so now I have to call him back later to get the other number to call. Why can't I get the number now - just because. Not for a concrete reason, just because.
@CinnamonGrl (5082)
• Paradise, California
Just to mess with you. I get so tired of that stuff.
You disturbed "his deity" during his lunch, how can you pretend to have the number? I am surprised he replied to the phone.
I hope he is there at that time. Hmmm.
@1creekgirl (4928)
Ah...apparently government agencies are the same the world over.
@amandajay (17318)
• Sri Lanka
Most government servants are like that. Even same in our country. They take their lunch hour for 2 hours, like that they waste time and waste our time too by not doing their office work correctly. What a shame