Another Rescued Animal But Not What They Thought

I cam across this story of a construction crew who thought they found a Puppy in distress and took it to a vet to save it. Once cleaned of all the mud there was a surprise... It was a baby FOX! If you found an animal in distress what would you do?
@CinnamonGrl (5807)
• Paradise, California
I was gong to say we'd take it to the wildlife center, but thinking it was a dog -- we'd probably call a vet and see what to do.
@CinnamonGrl Before I knew it was a Fox I thought maybe a rabbit. Glad they saved the poor thing!
@sugartoes (40743)
• Greencastle, Indiana
poor thing I'm glad someone found it & took it to be saved
I would have thought it was a puppy too, good thing there are people who help out animals but it's too bad this little tyke can't be released into the wild, I hope they find a sanctuary for him.
No matter what, they saved a life. Sure does look like a puppy.
get it to a vet if I could safely, that poor thing
@Jessicalynnt It was so cute once they got it care!
This is what I thought when I saw the photo "it's a fox!". There are many in our area. Poor little thing, I am glad the crew men saved it.
I am so glad they were able to rescue the little guy. Poor little thing. It is heartbreaking to look at that picture.
Awe, the poor little guy.
The poor thing. It is impossible to tell what it is at first. We found 7 abandoned puppies a month or so ago but were able to find someone to take charge of them.
I'll most likely help a distressed animal myself. However, if it is a wild animal, I'd definitely call the authorities as they are better trained and equipped to handle such animals.
That baby fox is so cute I hope when they turn it back into the wild it can defend itself and get food when needed.
@responsiveme (16220)
The fox must have been scared at first with the humans around but would be glad to be cleaned up. I would take it to a vet.
@akalinus (15720)
What a surprise. Will they release back into the wild?