Reaping and Sowing

@Dena91 (3689)
"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not." Galatians 6:7-9 I have noticed people seem to be disappointed when they harvest some bitter fruits because of what they have sown. They are dissatisfied with a church or some people in the church so they complain and gossip to anyone who'll listen. Perhaps they even leave the church, then wonder why they are still miserable. Others want to walk the fence so to speak. They want to feel good on Sunday morning by going to church, thinking that they are fulfilling a religious obligation, yet they want to live as the world does the rest of the time. Then they begin to harvest what they have sown and don't like it and are miserable. It's very simple. God tells us plainly we, every single one of us, will reap according to what we have sown. The harvest may not come to us instantly, but it still comes none the less. I use to hate some of what I harvested. Being caught in a lie, hangovers from drinking, the list goes on and on. But I learned this truth from God's word. If I don't like what I am reaping, I better change what I am sowing. Am I perfect. No not by any stretch of the imagination. I still harvest some bitter fruits from time to time but I am learning to change what I sow so that my harvest is fruitful not bitter. Don't like what you a reaping, change what you are sowing. Have a blessed day.
@CRK109 (14353)
Your words are so true. I have learned that in this life, we can only change ourselves. And I know that the changes I've made in the last couple of years, while not always things that made me happy in the moment, have proven to be the best things for the long run. and it all began with prayer. So I quietly thank God for everything.
@Dena91 (3689)
Thank you for your input. Prayers for you in the days ahead
@CRK109 (14353)
@Dena91 Thank you, Dena. May God bless you always.
To be honest, the reality of church life is that sometimes churches do let people down, and sometimes in very serious ways, and sometimes in this world things don't always play out fair. Pastors at times wound people in very very serious ways. At times ppl gossip or exclude others or defraud others. That isn't always a person's fault and doesn't always have anything to do with what they sowed because as the Word of God says it is a sinful world, and sometimes Christians do not live according to God's ways and even the New Testament authors St. John and St. Paul had difficulties within their own churches. But the passage which St. Paul wrote speaks of the Ultimate fulfillment on the Day of Christ-when our deeds would be rewarded, or recompensed by the Faithful Judge who would not be partial.
@Dena91 (3689)
Thank you for your input. Just something I've been meditating on, when people sow bad seeds then wonder why they are reaping what they are. I agree that there are genuine hurts caused by no fault of some. I should have been more specific.
@Dena91 I knew what you meant, I just wanted to put that in though to fill out the thought for anyone else who may see it-the reality is, you posed a thought which is very true, and unfortunately very passed over by many in their discipleship:)!! If we received it in the Holy Scriptures, then it is of importance for us to speak of it and be reminded of it-so thank you:), and please be encouraged in your faith in the Christ:)!
• Portland, Connecticut
Something bad things that happen, however, have nothing to do with what has been sown, bad things do happen to good people.
@Dena91 (3689)
You're right. There are genuine hurts caused by others through no fault of their own. I was thinking more of those who actually do bad sowing then can't understand why they're reaping what they are. I should have been more specific
• Portland, Connecticut
@Dena91 I think you wrote a good article and of course it is biblical to reap what we sow but in reality, many people sow bad things and they will reap the bad in the next life but get away scot-free here!!
It is a blessing that humans can choose how they are going to behave. Making sure that the behavior is of a positive nature more often than not is a mighty task, but worth the effort.
@Dena91 (3689)
It is. Thankful that no matter how many times I fail God's mercy is there.
@Dena91 Me too my friend!