Bring Back Those Sunny Days

Otis Orchards, Washington
This morning I woke up to find it raining. Not cat and dog rain, but raining never the less. It was originally forecast not to come in until this evening. But it’s here so nothing can be done about that. It is now forecast to rain all day and most of the day tomorrow (Sunday). Of course with rain comes cooler temperatures. Yesterday we had a high of nearly 80º F (26.6º C). Right now it is 55º F (12.7 º C). It’s time for a cool down anyway. Next week is the start of autumn so the cold weather is headed this way. So now I find myself singing that old song about bringing back those sunny days. The song really isn’t about the weather per say, but it still asks to bring back those sunny days. Take a listen:
In memory of Dennis Yost. Video to the hit song.
Bring it back? It never left us! Did you take our rain again? It was a hot weekend - apparently triple digits yesterday - but it's a mild day today - for now. I don't know this song well, but I know I've heard it before. I saw in the comment about the song "Spooky" - and that one I do know well from this group!
• Otis Orchards, Washington
I had forgotten about this song until one day when I was in a restaurant and it was playing. I remember listening to it when I was younger. "Spooky" was another song I can remember listening to as well. Did you like "Spooky"? Did you think of yourself as being like the girl in the song?
@RichardMeister Yah, I guess I kinda am!
• Otis Orchards, Washington
@much2say Is it, or was it fun to be that way?
@suziecat7 (3399)
• Asheville, North Carolina
Great song - shared it in my classic music group on Facebook. We haven't had any real rain in about a month after a very very wet previous month - go figure.
• Otis Orchards, Washington
We didn't get much rain last month here.
It rained a wee bit here today.
• Otis Orchards, Washington
We ended up with more than a bit here.
@MattMeng (3271)
• Hangzhou, China
There is also rained yesterday here.
We're expecting rain on and off for the next two days here too.
A great song. We are having a cool fall.
@LoriAMoore (4873)
I'm excited about the chilly weather coming and wearing a hoodie