MY nutritionist visit and the results which helped me a lot

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
As I have mentioned, I was going to a nutritionist on yesterday (Friday). I had my favorite uncle Bill take me, and it was certainly helpful! I had been eating one meal a day, and that was a fruit bar or maybe a Fiber One bar and some apple juice and maybe one or two coffee mugs of water, and then I wasn't drinking anymore. I was so tired from the not eating right that I was sleeping 18 hours a day. I was exhausted and weak. My mom always took care of meals. Here is how my visit went. I ended up finding out the doctor I saw a few weeks ago was afraid my blood sugar levels were rising too high, so that is the reason the nurse who took care of me that day recommended and referred me to the nutritionist. I am to eat lots of fruits and vegetables and whole grains for bread and crackers. Then I have to not have that many carbohydrates or starches since my blood sugar. And I should avoid sugars. I gave up iced tea and cola because of that. I am to drink water until my urination is no longer bright yellow. I am to drink milk with my meals because it is good calcium for me. And lots of water. Ends up that were the reason I was getting headaches, and why I got so sick walking to the library, I was dehydrated. I am also to eat protein with each meal. And the most important is three meals every day! I am also going to walk to the library almost every day as that will be good exercise as Mary, the nutritionist, said i need as much exercise as possible. In order not to make this too long, i will have a daily thing or almost daily of what i ate each day! NO recipes just what i ate! In case anybody is wondering!
@RubyHawk (25105)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Your nutritionist gave you very good advise. Whole grains, veggies, fruits, protein and milk is the way to go. You will feel much better on a good diet. Drink plenty of water and have three meals every day. Take good care of yourself and do your exercise, it will keep you strong. I'm sending good wishes you way. Do let us know what you are eating.
@rubyhawk thank you for the good wishes I am going to write what I ate that day each day!
@RubyHawk (25105)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@Marty1 That's the best idea, It will keep you thinking about your meal plans.
@RubyHawk Yes i have to plan my meals and i also have to start eating some of it! I have so much food it is sad!
@KristenH (24040)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Good for you for eating well and exercising. I walk to the library too. Keep drinking water and do well.
@kristenh thank you. I will walk as long as it doesn't rain hard as it is 8 blocks away! It rained hard this morning!! Sunday it isn't open but will go on Monday or Tuesday! I found out the strawberry watr I drank the whole bottle was a liter! I am in bed now with a 16 ounce bottle of water!
@KristenH (24040)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@Marty1 My pleasure. Walking in the rain sucks. Bring an umbrella or wear a poncho. Go for it. Wow! You must've been thirsty.
@KristenH IT seems i cannot remember to drink I did manage a few bottles of water Friday but from certain signs, i am still dehydrated. I am working on it, though! I am trying to remember! I just don't feel thirsty until i am in bed. I have to keep a bottle of water by my bed but drink tiny bits of it sand then put it back in the refrigerator the next day!
Sounds like a great eating plan to me! You will probably have more energy and fewer headaches.
@corbin5 haven't had a headache since early this morning. I do have more energy because I can't sleep again which happened last night after one healthy meal! Love you and Molly!
@Marty1 Thanks you for writing about this. Your posts regarding nutrition thanks to your nutritionist really will help me too!
@Corbin5 Thank you! I am glad to help! I have been eating healthy the last two days, but my neighbor came today and we went over the food that i bought Friday and most is no good. I just have the fruits and vegetables and some of the meets are alright. But i am going to put together healthy foods with what i have then i will go grocery shopping again and read labels!
You sure were not eating enough. Glad that you are getting some help.
@marlina yes I wasn't hungry but now am feeling hungry. She explained to me how to put together meals as I have never had to put meals together. My mom was in charge of that. So I really haven't eaten much since she got really sick in February. She had me order delivery every night.
@Marty1 You will be okay once you get used to all that new stuff. Good luck.
@marlina thank you. I am starting to feel better already!
@cacay1 (32884)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
I hope you can adjust now your foods to take. It is not easy to avoid our mouth from the eating of everything.Everything will be okay in the coming weeks.
@cacay1 Thank you for the kind words, I am happy to hear those words!
I am glad you are getting some help with this. It is important to fuel your body and your mind. Professional medical care and health care can offer you great plans and advice.
@gardengerty I am eventually going to start cooking maybe with some of the fruits and vegetables. I plan on getting some recipes from the library and i subscribe to three magazine sites that have all the magazines I can read online, so i am going to get some of the recipes from them. Especially cooking light my neighbor recommended!
• Bangalore, India
no worry to keep you happy and go going,all the best with your new plan
@abhinalstrikr Thank you for your wishes of luck!
• Bangalore, India
@Marty1 welcome just maintain the good day with good diet
@abhinalstrikr I will attempt to eat the best I can and still enjoy the food I am eating three times a day!
@MattMeng (3261)
• Hangzhou, China
It seems rather delicious.
@mattmeng Most of the food was delicious, and some were not foods i would desire if i could eat anything i wanted. Then my sister tells me i am an adult and can eat what i want as long as i eat enough which was what I wasn't doing!
@MattMeng (3261)
• Hangzhou, China
@Marty1 You must have a rather healthy body.
@MattMeng I am hoping I do have a healthy body!
I am glad you got the information you need to eat correctly.
@bellestarr What I really got out of it was how to plan meals. I was just eating one little thing a day! Now I eat three times a day with several things usually for each meal, and I eat a variety which is why I freeze most of the food I buy if I don't eat it all in one day! Provided one can freeze it!