Politicians Don't Care About Climate Change

@OneOfMany (12392)
If they really cared they would fix the issue and in a way that would make people happy about it and it wouldn't destroy daily life and result in more taxes. You think such a scenario can't be done? Then you really aren't thinking outside of the box enough! Water management in a way that works on preventing floods and droughts and uses disaster relief funds to get the job done. After all, if you safeguard an area from the threat of disasters, didn't you fulfill the objective? Convert government offices and properties into models of sustainability using the defense budget, because isn't hacker-related grid shut downs a national security issue? Doing a conversion is national defense and practical. Having the army boys building our infrastructure is a great way to develop talents that have a place in society after the battlefield as well. Environmental projects simple enough that they can be done by those on Welfare for purposes of earning what they are paid. Think of it as national service rather than just community service. Get an entire tier of America's work force moving again! Keep the projects simple and inexpensive but broad enough that it will be really beneficial. After all, even a number of rain barrels can help keep storm water from accumulating and being lost as flood waters. And community gardens are a great way to feed the people that are trying to rely on others. Let the others work, and those on assistance support themselves through these efforts. These are just a few of the things that can be done from existing budgets that would help everyone involved, and there are more that can be done as well, in different incentives. If they really cared, this would be easy. However, it's clear that they really don't care, so why are you supporting someone that says they do without questioning how they actually plan to carry it out?
• Calgary, Alberta
At least the Politicians from Sweden care of it because they want Sweden to be oil free in the next 30 years.
@pgntwo (22752)
• Alanya, Turkey
Interesting concept... Just Sweden, I wonder...?
• Calgary, Alberta
@pgntwo At this moment just Sweden. Japan is considering to transition though.
@pgntwo (22752)
• Alanya, Turkey
@CaptAlbertWhisker Interesting, I shall explore further.
@crossbones27 (22336)
• Redlands, California
I 100 percent agree. The only problem with your solution is that it will not make anyone wealthy. I have learned unless someone can get rich, then it will never happen.
@OneOfMany (12392)
Of course, it puts everyone on the same playing field. When everyone benefits, it's the same as everyone losing, which makes those at the top furious. I have another idea that could make someone rich, but if it was done the right way it would be non-profit. That's why politicians don't care about doing it the right way.
• Redlands, California
@OneOfMany So true, because that would mean everyone in society could make a sustainable living for themselves and there would be no more winners and losers. I have been looking for something like that fot the last 5 years only to be told, not within city limits. If I do it outside city limits it becomes much harder overall and more expensive because of shipping resources. The last thing I want to do is owe more money to these people that I already owe.
@OneOfMany (12392)
@crossbones27 Cities are not too keen on off-grid ideals. They want people tied into the grid at all costs. I remember the city in florida sued a woman that was independent of them. They sited her for safety issues, but she was living in her means and didn't want to be charged no matter what. I don't see a sustainable society as one with no winners or losers, but rather a place where a new zero exists. If people at the bottom can feed themselves and live within the basic means without significant hardship, would they be willing to work harder for an even better life, or would they only do what they needed to to get by and no more?
that sort of thing costs, and doesnt bring them in revenue, so yeah, I can see them saying they care but having no real intention to do anything
@OneOfMany (12392)
I was searching things about global warming this morning and I saw that "Global Warming is a religion that focuses on worshiping the Earth." I see how that makes a lot of sense. :D
@OneOfMany if by worship you mean care for and respect.... LOL
@OneOfMany (12392)
@Jessicalynnt Worshiping is worshiping. People care for and respect gods as well!
@Poppylicious (10069)
I don't actually think any politician cares about anything except what will benefit them in the short term. I'm very cynical.
@OneOfMany (12392)
That's why we need to base their pay rates on the reflection of the economy. If the economy is doing well, they get paid well. If it's bad, they get paid bad. I don't see why they get more money by doing a terrible job. I would be happy if politicians became an endangered species.