Where do you like to buy the vegetables?

vegetables
Guangzhou, China
Most of the time I will buy the vegetables in the market rather than supermarket. As I think the vegetables are fresh in the market. And the supermarket vegetables are less choice and they are also much more expensive. Especially they are not fresh.
@scheng1 (24741)
Over here, the price difference is not that great, and the vegetables are not that fresh anyway. Since we import more than 90% of the vegetables, fish, meat and eggs, we cannot find farm-fresh produces easily. Those vegetables in the market and supermarket are as fresh as technology allows. At least they are kept in cool temperature, and air-flown from other countries to Singapore.
I don't know where the markets are in Singapore. It is easy to find stores, restaurants and supermarkets.
@scheng1 (24741)
@youless We have a lot of markets in the housing estates. Sometimes the markets are next to hawker centers where you can have cheap and nice food. Tourists do not come to housing estates, because these are non-air-con, and usually there is nothing much to see or do.
@scheng1 I really hope to live in such a house in Singapore from AirBNB because this is how I can learn the real local life.
I also prefer to buy the vegetable at farmers market, they are more expensive, but more fresh.
Here usually the vegetables from the supermarkets are much more expensive. Perhaps they have paid so much for the rents and employees etc.
@youless Here in the supermarket they are cheaper because they are imported from Spain and Italy. Swiss products are more expensive.
We try to give the fruit stand up the road our business. They have good produce and good prices.
That's so nice.
@youless ....And the young guys who run the place aren't very hard on the eyes.
My wife prefers buying vegetables in super market where they are much cheaper than the market.However sometimes she buys them from peasants' pitches,because she considers them to be fresh and organic vegetables.
Really? Here the supermarkets have an expensive price for the vegetables.
Here the farmers market charges more for their fruits and vegetables. They are cheaper in the store.
It is different here.