Whistle Dixie

By Miki
@Micmac (9276)
I get a kick out of watching those old time western movies. My favorite western shows are the Clint Eastwood Spaghetti Western movies. Those movies really pack the punch with the cool suave Eastwood as the man with no name, the bad dude wicked villain Ramón Rojo, El Indio (played by Gian Maria Volontè), the pretty western gals and the dubbed voices of the Italian actors (a real hoot ). What's your favorite western movie actor or film?
@sol_cee (16906)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
Why spaghetti?
@Micmac (9276)
@sol_cee It refers to Italian or European western films that became popular in the 60's with Italian producers, directors.
@sol_cee They were called spaghetti because the director (Sergio Leone) was an Italian and the settings were not in the United States but in Europe. Most of those movies locations were in Spain or in the south of Italy.
@kepweng (17784)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
i love holly weird films the photo looks like david beckham agree?
@Micmac (9276)
@kepweng What's your favorite Hollywood western movie? haha, yes, you're right -he does look similar to David Beckham.
Gian Maria Volontè had a beautiful voice, he was a Milanese like me (born in Milan, Italy). I liked the spaghetti western of Sergio Leone.
@Micmac (9276)
Yes, he was very captivating on the screen. He was great in the villain roles and had a fiery look of distinction. Sergio Leone's films are exciting and he produced some of the best western movies.
Look at him so young, no wonder he became famous over there.
@Micmac (9276)
@Letranknight2015 He sure is a handsome rugged looking guy in those western films. I like his whispering tone voice.
It was not a movie but I loved GunSmoke when it was on TV. My favorite western of all times.
@Micmac (9276)
@jstory07 They are showing the reruns of GunSmoke on tv. I will have to watch the show sometimes.