Annoying Revelation

@IvySaysHi (4210)
Okay so last night as I was trying to get my son and myself to sleep early, I succeeded in getting my son to sleep before 11. My husband had turned off his x box and all the lights were off. I had the fan on and I was sure I would get to sleep before 11 as well. I was wrong. After my son had fallen asleep i moved him into his crib because I wanted to be comfortable sleeping, not crouched up on the edge of the bed balancing my body as I sleep. I figured I would finally get a good night's sleep after working out so much. I was about halfway asleep when suddenly bright lights and my husband talking woke me up. HE GOT UP TO GO PLAY ON HIS X BOX! I was so furious that I could not sleep because of the ridiculously bright light shining from the TV and his games. If that weren't enough to tick me off, he was also talking to some of his gaming friends on those noise cancelling head phones of his. Needless to say he can't hear how loud he when he has those on. I was so incredibly mad, but I didn't want to get up and make a scene and wake our son up. I was sure that he would end up waking him. I ended up scrolling on Facebook and saw my mom post something about my older sister being in the hospital so I called her to talk about that situation. He hears me talking and comes over to ask if I said something. Upon telling him that I was speaking to my mom, he tells me that he thought I was asleep. I told him I was on my way until the bright lights of his game woke me up. He said sorry and that he had a head ache so he didn't want to sleep with it... What sense does it make to not sleep off a head ache, but instead play bright video games in the dark with people talking to you in your ears? I almost said that to him, but for the sake of not arguing I just laid there until I got mad enough to grab our son and bring him to bed with me and turn the fan on high to drown out my husbands talking. It still took me hours to go to sleep and even so I kept waking up because of the lights! I ended up checking the time at about 5:54am! He was still on his box apparently just sitting there talking to which ever one of his stupid friends has no need for sleep! I was so furious because altogether I had slept for probably a total of 3 hours. I had to wake up at 7 for class. I got up and asked him if he planned on sleeping at all and that I hope he will be able to stay up while watching our son. He wakes up late with our son on school days as it is. Having not slept all night because he decided to play then talk to someone, I figured he was going to be in no shape to watch our son. Luckily both my in laws will be home today. I planned on hitting the gym today, but I don't know if it would be a great idea. I probably will still go about half way through my huge 4 hour break between my morning and evening class which I am currently on. I had a good breakfast, but vending machine junk for lunch. I have to work this off because I'll be getting home too late to do my regular workout videos. I am still so mad that he kept playing knowing I can't sleep with lights on, not even a flashing light on my phone. That was when the revelation hit me. Whenever I have tried to sleep early, my husband was already playing his stupid games. All the darn light must make it much harder for me to get to sleep, there is no other explanation. I'll never be able to sleep early so long as he is on his stupid games at night. I am so mad. Sorry for the long rant, but I needed to let this out.
That wasn't very considerate of him. I hope he respects your sleep time soon.
@IvySaysHi (4210)
yeah so do i
I'd be very upset too. I do hope your husband wises up and figures out he is interrupting your much-needed sleep.
@IvySaysHi (4210)
I don't think he knows this is preventing me from sleeping early
@IvySaysHi Well, from my experience, men are more often than not clueless. It is the nature of the beast.
@IvySaysHi (4210)
@Corbin5 seems to be
@responsiveme (14264)
Well you did let it out....hope it helped:)
@IvySaysHi (4210)
It did help me feel much better
@digiguru (421)
• Bangalore, India
I am feeling sad for you that he is spending much time on playing.. I have few students in my class who spends most of their time playing. I do play but i have proper control over this habit