More Fleas

@Jackalyn (5757)
Oxford, England
Having read the discussion on natural flea repellent here on MyLot, and suffering from one real andseveal imaginary bites I scoured my cupboard and the Internet. I had no vinegar, Apple Cider or otherwise. I discovered lemons might do the trick. I had no lemons, but did have lemon juice. I put some in warm water with dish detergent and started to comb the cat. There is no way I would ever get Freya the Catblog Cat in a bath so she is combed with a flea comb daily. We have a problem just now. I can report those critters were dead on contact. There were not that many probably because she was also combed last night (outside.) I will still get the Apple Cider Vinegar. The shallow dish of warm water with a light over yielded no fleas. I did hoover very well though. I also washed me in tea tree just in case. Anyway, handy to know lemon juice helps and I have a not scratchy cat asleep on my sofa (which will be washed later just in case.)* *The sofa, not the cat.
http://www.mylot.com/comment/2979185/17895799/26359563,
Now you need the borax from the laundry section to sprinkle on your rugs. let it sit for a few hours and vac it up.
@Jackalyn (5757)
• Oxford, England
I can't! Borax is no longer available in the UK.
So glad that handy home remedy worked!!
@Jackalyn (5757)
• Oxford, England
Well, time will tell. The cat has gone off in a huff!
@Jackalyn I bet kitty is a bit huffy!
I haven't had a flea problem this year, but last year it got bad for a bit
@5thHouse (1706)
• Sheffield, England
Amazingly I haven't noticed a flea problem here. I used to treat my cats with the spot-on flea treatment on the back of their necks but for some reason they absolutely hated it. One would turn feral the minute they saw me get the stuff out. I can't understand why they found it so bad, but I stopped treating them and haven't noticed any fleas on them or any bites on us. We moved into a house years ago where the last occupant's cat must've had fleas and they were all in the carpet. Had to get the pest control people out to sort it. It would be great to know the more natural remedies worked.
@Jackalyn (5757)
• Oxford, England
I just don't want to put anything chemical on Freya. She is too old and tired really