Crystal Comes to Town - A Love Story (The Odyssey of a former drug user/dealer) Part VII

By JJ
Olney, Illinois
NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS Not the greatest way to start off the year. My wife and I talk, and decide we'll try to work things out. We both know the drugs have a lot to do with our trouble; so we take an extreme measure. At the end of February 2003 we pulled up stakes and moved to a town where we knew no one to start over. At first all was fine. She got work in a special needs home and I became Mr Mom. This actually worked okay; I've always loved kids, and she's not the most maternal person. Crystal is still hanging with us; we've figured out we can buy $120 worth of pills, trade for 6 grams, sell a couple to get our money back and still have 4 left. It's really beginning to show that we really don't have anything in common other than a love of crank and two children. I still think I love her, but am starting to think that maybe I was just in love with the idea of having the "perfect" family, and am starting to realize this isn't it. Still, we have the kids; I'll keep it going as long as I can. August of the same year, and everything goes to hell quickly. We're at a friends house, someone we'd met a few months ago. He wanted to buy some stuff from us. I still don't know why this happened, but the Police show up at his door. He lets them in, and they start talking. Next thing I know, I'm asked to stand up and an officer pats me down and finds 2 grams on me. I'm taken off to jail. Two days later I convince the judge to release me so I can go home; I tell him that my wife works nights, and with no one to watch the kids, she'll lose her job. I hadn't been able to get hold of her since I was arrested; I didn't know what had happened to her and our friend. Turns out; nothing. I was the only one arrested; he and she told the police they knew nothing about it. Of course, the 3 grams we had at the house are gone. So it's down to the wire. We decide we're done with it. And the fights begin. After two months of screaming and yelling, she says she wants me to leave. I refuse; she goes and gets a restraining order and has me removed. So now, I'm homeless in a town I really have no friends in. The only choice for me was to go back to my hometown, and the only place I could stay there was with my old buddies. So I'm cooking again. Tomorrow - the conclusion - TIME MARCHES ON
TIME MARCHES ON I'm going to condense this section. From October of 2003 until May of 2006 is pretty much a blur. I never knew I could actually get more...
I think this is the sixth time I have read Part VI.
• Olney, Illinois
It's taken me a year to straighten this out and start answering all the responses over the 8 parts
@JolietJake ....Pretty extensive story.
Looking forward to reading the conclusion to this very difficult struggle.
• Olney, Illinois
Short version: ....and he joined myLot and lived happily ever after
I admire you for writing this JJ I need to find the other parts to but this is well witten Im surprised yih never tunred to being an author as you have what it takes JJ
• Olney, Illinois
I've done quite a bit of writing but other than a few news articles I have never been published
at this point Im even more worried for the kids, you seem the only responsible one, even as you werent being the best at being responsible