Good Intentions

Green Bay, Wisconsin
You know the saying, the more hurried I get the more behind I become. Well that fits today to a tee. I went to bed early last night, 10 PM. I was falling asleep on the computer. So opted for an early night. Only to wake up at 1, 3, and 4:30 AM thinking it was time to get up and get to the pool. I gave up and got up at 4:30. Being up so early, I got the rest of my bedroom organized and a corner completely taken care of so my bedroom is now finished. I also unpacked a couple boxes and got ran the dishwasher all before leaving for the pool. I also took a shower before I left. I was a bit gamey with all the work I did. I got a great workout in the pool this morning. The water temp was perfect, nice and warm, so it was very easy to spend two hours in the pool and whirlpool. Then it was home again where I fully intended to get right to work on the computer. Other than getting my Bible Study done, I haven't been on the computer since. I was determined to get some recycling taken care of out of the dining area again, so a full stack of broken down boxes went out and the garbage as well. So I was very proud of myself. Now one thing I've noticed about myself in the past is that when I get in a huge cleaning mode, there's a reason. I had just come in from the dumpster, turned on the computer to start interacting when the phone rang. My sister asked if I would like some company. So I was back off the computer and back to getting the living room company ready. That meant taking apart and putting in the box all the pieces to the new TV credenza I had scattered all over the floor. I had just gotten that taken care of and was relaxing for a few minutes watching a bit of Star Wars that is on TNT today, when the phone rang and she told me they were a few minutes away. My apartment at the moment is looking very good. I had even made the bed before I left for the pool this morning. So I am proud of myself. I counted the unpacked boxes and I'm down to 16 left and most of them are right here in the office, so that is my last hold out. I should be done with the unpacking soon, but for now, I'm done today. I'm pretty wiped out from all I did. So now I'm going to interact with all of you. And hopefully I'll make some headway as I'm starting on September 20 with close to 500 notifications to go through. How has your Saturday been? We have a perfect weather day, sunshine and blue skies and a nice breeze. We'll be getting more rain tomorrow. So now on to interacting with all of you. Thanks for reading. Picture is my sister and brother in law at their home this past Easter
@shivamani10 (11132)
• Hyderabad, India
My day is about to witness many guests many of whom have come down from other states to present a dance programme. They will come wtih their colleagues and spend sometime here and also do some reharsel of their programme. So there will be no sleep with their drums and voice beat . Ahahahahah...but to bear with them...for a short change.
It sounds like a lot of fun.
I used all the totes that I had from my flea market business when we moved. Than to us was a lot easier. I have unpacked everything except the stuff that we are putting on ebay. I am glad you are almost done with all of your packing.
Totes sounds like an easier way to go than all the boxes. I have all the unpacking done. I just need to get it all organized in my office and I'm completely finished.
You are as busyas a bee ! But i am glad m you really make an effort to be at the pool each day .
I do and I'm really wanting to go right now, but my suit fell apart on me before the new one arrived, so I sit and wait for it to get here. In the mean time, I have plenty here to keep me busy.
@just4him I hope the new one arrives soon , so you can go to the pool for you exercise .
@SIMPLYD It'll be in next week. I did get the notice yesterday that it has been shipped, so that's a good thing. Hopefully it will arrive even sooner. That would be nice.
I had a great Saturday. I have cleaned all the kitchen, included the oven. It was a couple of weeks I was procrastinating. Now I feel happy.
It does feel good when everything is clean, including the oven.
@just4him I like to smell of a clean house. The kitchen never stays clean for a long time.
@LadyDuck No it doesn't but you can't deny the delicious aromas you can create in the kitchen.
@simone10 (21692)
• Louisville, Kentucky
You really were busy! It does make you feel good when you get things accomplished, doesn't it?
Yes it does and my apartment is almost finished and I'm so happy about that.
@simone10 (21692)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@just4him I'm happy for you. I know what packing and unpacking entails and it is quite time consuming.
@simone10 It's now finished and I'm getting back to the important stuff, being here, working on my novel, enjoying the pool, little things like that and today is the Women's Retreat, so I'll be gone in a few hours until sometime tomorrow.
that's not too bad considering how recently you moved!
They new I wasn't completely finished unpacking, but they did like the apartment, and I liked that I was almost company ready. So it all worked out well.
@just4him it takes time, even after unpacking to figure out what fits better and stuff, or where it fits better or what that you thought would work, doesnt
@Jessicalynnt I have the doesn't packed up ready to leave for the thrift store.
Sounds like you had a very busy day and got lots accomplished. I have been in bed most of the day nursing this nasty cold. I will be so glad when it finally passes. Happy mylotting.
I hope your cold is gone. I know you're looking forward to your vacation and this is your last day of work.
@just4him thank you. I still have a bit of a cold but I feel so much better. It should be gone by the time we head out on vacation.
@Happy2BeMe That's good.
Wow! You did a lot, must be because the swimming is paying big benefits now.
I'm sure it is. I'm just about finished with everything now. I think I can get it done today and just sit back and reap the rewards of a home that is completely unpacked. That's my plan.
All that work would make me thin as a rail! I hope that you enjoyed your company. Nice photo!
I'm hoping it does make me thin as a rail along with all the time I spend in the pool. Thank you. It was a very good visit.
I also had a busy day.
It's good to keep busy.
my or our day was beautiful.A big walk this morning.The crisp cool weather of fall.Lovely
That's wonderful. I love that fall is finally here.
I´m just back home from a day with Claudia, my youngest daughter. I had fun and even took a nap there.
I'm glad you had a good day with your daughter.