Prize Winning Apron

@Morleyhunt (20415)
Yes, in Canada our first place ribbons are red, second place is blue and third place is white. The apron was made, especially for the fair. It is the only project that required a fabric purchase. One half metre of cotton for the waistband, ties and trim. I used almost every bit of it. Now I have earned a first place ribbon. The apron will now be headed to the church Christmas Bazaar. I'm never going to wear it, but had so much fun making it, I'm sure there will be more created before next years fair. Do you use aprons? If so, do you use a half or a full apron. I wear aprons when I'm wearing my good clothes. Then it will always be a full apron.
That is a cute little apron. I've never been one to dawn an apron, my Gramma used to wear a full apron, she always had a pretty one that she'd have made herself. My mother used to wear a half one on occasion, some she made on her own others she bought.
@Morleyhunt (20415)
I only wear an apron when it is important that my clothes not be marked.
Congratulations when I wear an apron I wear a full one.
@Platespinner (17047)
Like you, I only use aprons when I'm wearing my good clothes and then it's always a full one. However, have a daughter who dons a full apron pretty much every time she gets busy in the kitchen. Right now we have a generic (and very badly discoloured) food-service apron, and a Christmas one...I think I know what I need to make her next!
@Morleyhunt (20415)
Make two! Maybe there is a category you can enter one in at the fair.
@Morleyhunt There is a category for aprons. I need to sit down with this years catalogue and compile a list of things that I plan to enter for next year. I'm trying to avoid making things just for the fair.
@Morleyhunt (20415)
@Platespinner most of what I will be making will serve a practical purpose after the fair, but some will just be used for the church bazaar. Next year I hope to enter some kids clothing.....I'll make the grandkids some clothes....they get them for Christmas....this year I made them summer dresses....while they are still cute, they are no longer in any condition to be entered in the fair.
I should wear an apron to cook. I tend to make a mess.
@Morleyhunt (20415)
I bet I know where you can get one.
@Morleyhunt I also have a working sewing machine, thanks to an aunt, that I can put to use and make one.
@Morleyhunt (20415)
@Morethanamom the library will have two good pattern books as soon as I return them . Then if you would like some help, I'm sure that could be arranged.
when I cooked for myself I wore a full apron here we do not get to do amy cooking we are cooked for loll
@Morleyhunt (20415)
I cook for myself, my husband and my father. Sometimes one or more of my children, grandchildren, brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews....whoever is here at mealtime gets to endure or enjoy my cooking....depends on if I'm having an off day. Ask @platespinner.
I meant to say that ap;ron ia really gorgeous now wonder you won first prze
Once in a while, for barbecues, Iwear a full apron.
@Morleyhunt (20415)
Most of the time I don't. Sunday's, I get home from church and make lunch immediately....I wear that apron.
@Morleyhunt I hope that we will get to see all your work
@Bella27 (387)
• Waverly, Tennessee
I've only wore one when grilling because of the messy BBQ
@Morleyhunt (20415)
For me it depends on what I'm wearing and what I'm cooking.
@Bella27 (387)
• Waverly, Tennessee
@Morleyhunt same here I used to like to buy aprons with funny quotes on them!
Well done on getting the first prize. I wear a full apron if I'm cooking in good clothes, like you.
@Morleyhunt (20415)
I'm still looking for a good place to hang it when not in use.
congrats! how cute's that? i used to wear aprons quite oft, but since most 'f my clothes 're now 'bout 10 years ol', worn 'n tattered, i don't see much point to doin' such, lol. but, when i do, 'tis a full apron. i've been thinkin' 'bout makin' momma one actually, since she's so short 'n hunched o'er. she's got a few, but they nearly drag the floor 'n hit her 'bout mid torso - a moot point to wear one, eh? i've showed her how to clip the neck thingy 'p so's such'll protect her clothes...alas, she fergets :)
@Hate2Iron (7967)
Congrats on the win!! I reallty should wear a very thick full apron. If I'm going to spill something, I will wipe out within walking distance of me!
@marsha32 (6691)
Aprons have always been on my list of things that I want to make. I took my grandson to a Mommy and Me sewing class where we learned how to make a nice full apron. Sadly, since then I've only made one other one like what we learned. I gave it to my son for his 31st birthday to do with his bbq grill.
This half apron is very nice. I use an apron all the time when I am in the kitchen, a full apron. The half apron does not protect enough, I had several accidents using one.
@rina110383 (24070)
I wear a full apron when I manually wash dishes.
@responsiveme (16835)
congratulations...in good clothes I too wear full apron.
@likun123 (298)
• Angul, India
I love to cooking but i did not use apron
I do wear aprons, I love the full ones. That is very pretty and I can see why you won.
@Jackalyn (6684)
• Oxford, England
That is brilliant. Well done! Yes I do sometimes wear an apron. I forget, but I do have one. I really like the one you made.