Gift Bags or a Wrapped Gift?

@Hate2Iron (5096)
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Don't have any idea what put this thought in my mind, other than the fact that it is colder outside that I like it to be so I guess that, Christmas just popped into my mind. And then there is the fact that I have to be the world's worst gift wrapper. I honestly hate having to wrap gifts because they are so bad, that the family instantly knows who they are from. I wouldn't even have to use a tag on any of them lol... other than who they are to! So, on Christmas morning, do you care one way or another if you gift is hand wrapped or inside of a gift bag with frothy paper on top lol??
I'm not good at gift wrapping but I will do it for my nephew whose 2. But for everyone else gift bag or sometimes nothing just gift itself! My mom says it's a waste of paper :) Even though we have so much wrapping paper as is!
@Hate2Iron (5096)
• Winnipeg, Manitoba
It could be just how much gift wrap we have lol... mountains of the stuff from hubby's work. That is there Christmas present to us!
@Hate2Iron hehe :) I care about the gift not the wrapping :P
@Blondie2222 (12654)
I wrap mine and i don't care if their bad or not as they get ripped open within seconds. I do gift bags for certain gifts though.
@Hate2Iron (5096)
• Winnipeg, Manitoba
That is the way to look at it lol! No one is going to remember the packaging after they see what is in the gift!
@Blondie2222 (12654)
@Hate2Iron Exactly!
doesn't matter to me.As long I get a gift
@Hate2Iron (5096)
• Winnipeg, Manitoba
I feel the same way Alfredo!!
@Hate2Iron there you go Shirley.LOL
It does not matter to me. All I care about is the present inside. I use gift bags the most.
@Hate2Iron (5096)
• Winnipeg, Manitoba
I feel the same way!!
@rina110383 (21697)
I don't wrap mine. It would just be torn anyway. I just give it as it is without price tag.
@Hate2Iron (5096)
• Winnipeg, Manitoba
For some reason, my daughter still loves to rip the paper off!!
@sol_cee (9748)
• Japan
Gift bags can be used again.
@Hate2Iron (5096)
• Winnipeg, Manitoba
And that makes sense to me!!
@ilocosboy (14991)
You can buy a gift bag or a gift box it's already in the store it's easy for you ,if you don't like to wrapped it,but for me I'd rather want to wrap because I can put a design in wrapping
@Hate2Iron (5096)
• Winnipeg, Manitoba
You are obviously good at it! I wouldn't mind if mine turned out looking awesome the first time, but I generally have to do it a couple of times. I probably waste more paper!
I like to buy pretty wrapping paper and ribbon and bows and wrap my presents. I just enjoy the feeling of seeing people unwrap presents Christmas instead of simply pulling them out of a bag.
@Hate2Iron (5096)
• Winnipeg, Manitoba
That could be it. Other than my grown up daughter, no one else seems to care. I think that she want to keep the kid alive inside of her!
@Hate2Iron That could be in and why not? you might as make the most of the magical season.
@saulgoodman (2656)
• Aberdeen, Scotland
I bet that you can wrap gifts a lot better than I can!! I am hopeless. I am in awe of people who make this look like an art form. I used to watch as my son's laughed at my gift wrapping attempts and my wife too. So a few years ago I switched to buying gift bags and those wee cards you write on. Much easier. So it's gift bags that get my vote. Personally I think it's the thought that counts and I am not bothered about whether it's in a bag or wrapped.
@Hate2Iron (5096)
• Winnipeg, Manitoba
It would be a toss up Jim!! I never seem to cut the right amount of paper so have to patch it!
• Aberdeen, Scotland
@Hate2Iron Me too. One year my 12 year old son asked if Stevie Wonder had come down the chimney and wrapped the gifts.
@patgalca (13534)
• Orangeville, Ontario
I use gift bags more and more often. Unless something is in a box that is a bit unusual in shape or size, I just use a gift bag. I have tons of them, and tons of tissue paper. Unfortunately they're hard to get rid of as so many ended out coming back into our house. LOL!
@Hate2Iron (5096)
• Winnipeg, Manitoba
lol a lot of ours that go out of the immediate family come back to us too lol. Saves buying new ones haha
@patgalca (13534)
• Orangeville, Ontario
@Hate2Iron Yes, well, I also inherited all my mother's gift wrapping supplies when she downsized. I have more bows I know what to do with!
@acelawrites (8622)
I'll appreciate whatever form or wrapping it has; could be a bad or just a paper bag; what is important is the thought that the giver took the effort to give something for me.
@Hate2Iron (5096)
• Winnipeg, Manitoba
I think that I like you acelwrites lol... I wouldn't mind a paper bag either lol! Maybe a few doodles to brighten it up ;)
@ms1864 (8135)
• Bangalore, India
I personally put a lot of thought on the presentation of my gift...but i don't expect it out of anyone else in my family because i know it is not their thing. So when getting gifts....it doesn't matter to me how it is wrapped. I got what i wanted...didn't i?
@Hate2Iron (5096)
• Winnipeg, Manitoba
I wish that i could wrap a gift with that wow factor but just doesn't happen or hasn't happened yet!!
I've always enjoyed unwrapping a present so I try to wrap the presents I get other people. However, some presents can only practically be put in gift bags.
@Hate2Iron (5096)
• Winnipeg, Manitoba
It does maintain the suspense I have to admit!
@mom210 (5312)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I always wrap 3-5 gifts for 10 kids and 1 hubby. We all just prefer it that way. I enjoy watching them open their gifts
@Hate2Iron (5096)
• Winnipeg, Manitoba
I have to admit, that wrapped gifts under the tree does look magical and keeps everyone wondering!
@shivamani10 (6055)
• Hyderabad, India
This time, I WNT TO BE different. I want to purchase gifts and keep each in varieties of gift bags. There will be no wrapping. The bag will also be a gift for them. A well designed and nicely painted gift bags.
@Hate2Iron (5096)
• Winnipeg, Manitoba
You have my vote lol. The gift bags that are being made these days are gorgeous!
@1creekgirl (4928)
I love gift boxes because they are easy, quick, and pretty, same for gifts bags.
@Hate2Iron (5096)
• Winnipeg, Manitoba
We did buy some gorgeous boxes last year. I'm kind of hoping that we get them back this year with new gifts for us. They can really decorate up the house too!!
Honestly I try to avoid using gift bags when I am able, even if my wrapping is not perfect with odd shaped items. Personally I prefer tearing open the wrapping paper on a wrapped gift, but I think that's just me not wanting to grow up LOL. But honestly it doesn't matter, it's the thought and the gift that counts. I think however when watching someone else, it's much more fun to see them rip into a package as well.