Bar Codes Tell Something

@magallon (18105)
Bar codes are printed on every package of food we purchase. But almost always, we don't bother to check on them. Bar codes contain many information that are very useful not only to the supermarket owners but also to us, as consumers. When these bar codes are scanned, the price of the product is identified. It also tells us if the product is genuine. And also inform us where or in what country the product was manufactured. During times that I want to check the price of the product I want to buy, I look at the bar code. Bar codes help me locate the price of the product on the price list. Do you also check on the bar code when you do food shopping? Do you find bar codes helpful?
I also would scan the bar code of a product , whenever i am shopping . That way , i can calculate that i am spending within my budget . But it's hard to remember the bar codes for the country from which it was made .
@magallon (18105)
Yes that's true. The only code that I can remember is the one from China..
@magallon That one we should take note . So , can you please tell me what's the bar code for that , i forgot it already .
@magallon (18105)
@SIMPLYD All barcodes that start at 690 - 695 are all MADE IN CHINA. 471 is Made in Taiwan
As far as I could recall when I studied about bar codes, they're for the manufacturer's benefit and not the consumer.
@magallon (18105)
More benefits for the manufacturers but some also for consumers.. Because it tells the consumers the origin of the product and helps us tell the price if there is a price list.
@magallon The cost of the product in a barcode is beneficial to a scanner only but not the eye of the consumer.
@magallon (18105)
@toniganzon In the grocery stores here, there are price tags attached on the cabinets where the products are displayed. Sometimes, price tags are not placed in line with the products so I have to locate for the right price. The bar code helps me in locating the right price tag for that product that I want to buy.
@MarymargII (9997)
• Toronto, Ontario
How can you check on them- do you use a scanner?
@magallon (18105)
I use the indicated numbers to locate for the right price on the price tags..
@XinfulThotz (4187)
• Singapore, Singapore
i don't check on bar codes even though i know it tells a lot. i normally grab whatever i like. never thought much about what it is...
@magallon (18105)
Many people have no interest in checking it.
@Macarrosel (7572)
Now I realized how stupid I am not to look into bar codes when I go shopping. Lesson learned. Next time I see to it to see them before buying an item to know if it's genuine.
@magallon (18105)
Sometimes we really just ignore things. We do not give importance to things that we see.
@epiffanie (10465)
I don't have the luxury of time to check on those barcodes ..
@magallon (18105)
Maybe most of the people are not checking the bar codes.
@ms1864 (6986)
• Bangalore, India
nop..i don't look at them at all....how does locating the price of the product on the price list help? How do you check it?
@magallon (18105)
I can use it if there is a price list or price tags. It helps me locate the right price.
@AkoPinay (11881)
Yeah I never check them
@magallon (18105)
Almost all the time we don't bother to check them. We only use them if needed. It is the owner of the store who uses it everytime.
@skysnap (17877)
I used to check but now a days not much..
@magallon (18105)
Same with me. If I like the product, I didn't mind checking its bar code.
@ilocosboy (34377)
Sometimes I see those barcodes but I don't the meaning one thing I know is the price
@stbrians (15703)
• Kakamega, Kenya
I fail to check so many things including expiry date and bar codes