Traffic in the yard has been busy this morning

Woke up around 1 A.M. and of course His Lordship, Ruler of the Universe, the Evil Demon Spawn Scar immediately uncurled from his position at the foot of the bed and said "Dude...outside now, okay?" Typical start - he's always ready to go out first thing...sometimes he'll even decide I have been asleep too long and I get MEOWT!!! NOW!!! blaring in my face from about a foot away. As I approached the front door, I saw movement through the picture window...skunk waddling across the yard on skunk business. So I waited for a minute, and as I started to let him out, another skunk came waddling through. So I waited for it to get on down the road, and let Scar out. Wasn't but about 5 minutes later as I was filling my coughee cup I saw one of the raccoons was out there eating some corn. And Scar was over there having an early morning talk with it. (Sorry the photo isn't that good, took it from the porch so I wouldn't bother anyone) Yep....just another average morning here. *raises coughee cup in salute* G'mornin' myLot!
@Morleyhunt (19299)
The list of critters I have seen from my kitchen window is not limited to innumerable birds and squirrels. We have spotted rabbits, skunks, raccoons, a fox, a pair of coyotes, a fawn, wild turkeys (I realize it's also a bird, but certainly not the bird feeder variety) and a possum.
I still don't know why they don't show up here...I'm in prime possum territory, but haven't seen any in the yard for years.
@crossbones27 (22389)
• Redlands, California
I thought cats like milk. Maybe if you give him some warm milk before he goes to bed he will sleeep longer. Then again, maybe not. lol
He'd probably want whiskey
• Redlands, California
@JolietJake He is not the only one then.
G'mornin' whacky guy and catdom.
1AM? Dang, you and Scar start off way too early! Ah, but that sounds like when the party starts !
@inertia4 (27792)
That is something I don't see around here where I am. I am in the city. Maybe the occasional Squirrel, but that's it.
Good morning to you!
You actually made coffee at 2:30am? That was when you got up? Are you insane?
No, I made coughee at 1 AM, which was 2 AM your time...I'd been up and online for 90 minutes before I wrote this
@JolietJake craziness
@BettyB (4205)
• Summerville, South Carolina
I don't mind the occasional raccoon or possum wandering across my yard but skunks make me nervous. Startle them and you will be smelling them for months. Have a good day!
I'm glad they don't show up very often. As territorial as Scar can be at times, it could be a real problem.
@sishy7 (27592)
I think they're becoming friends now... The large wild birds that come to my back yard are co-existing nicely now with my cats when we let the cats out there...
Yeah, they've had most of the summer to get used to each other...kind of like the squirrels, they see Scar out there so much that they don't really pay him any attention now except when he decides to 'pounce' one...but he isn't hunting them, he's just playing.
@radhruv (137)
• New Delhi, India
Out and so early. Wonder when do you sleep! Scar really keeps you on toe. Try to change the time of scar's outing so you could get some sleep.
@nanette64 (18208)
• Fairfield, Texas
Good thing that the skunks moved on @JolietJake ; ya just never know about them guys and what they'll do.
A critter haven you have. Our dog was skunked three times. Our dog never learned his lesson. Scar must be much wiser than our dog.
When Scar meows, you better jump to attention!
Good morning. There's never a dull moment there at all is there? I slept late and just woke now, its really quiet here for me to do that.
You get up too early, Scar should be more considerate and let you sleep a bit longer.
I am glad I have never seen a skunk in the area that I live. Patches might go near it.
I refuse to let Princess out before 4 am. She is pretty demanding as well. Tonight she is laying in the newly mown grass or should I say backyard hay. She is listening to all the little critters scurrying on critter business. Meeces have met their demise along with an occasional bunny.
that is way way too early! lol