Prairie dogs are funny

Los Angeles, California
Have you ever seen a prairie dog town? I had not seen one since childhood and saw several in Wind Cave National Park in South Dakota’s Black Hills. Prairies dogs are rodents on the cute side like squirrels and chipmunks. They live in burrows and form colonies or “towns.” The burrows are a few feet apart and there can be 100s of them. At Wind Cave, I saw a vast town that is called prairie dog meadow. The critters are not friendly beggars like chipmunks and you are not supposed to feed them anyway. Prairie dogs are funny to watch. They are very wary and have a warning system of chirpy “barking.” You watch all these animals perched atop their burrow holes as they bop up and down barking. It is a rather fun and fascinating sight. Photo is from Pixabay
There is a bike path in Denver that goes right through a prairie dog town. It's kind of fun riding through it and watching them.
I think that Ms.Ruby is one.Did you see her picture on my recent post.LOL
They really do have a huge cuteness-factor!!
@5thHouse (1692)
• Sheffield, England
They have real character. They look a bit like meerkats in the en garde position
I love prairie dogs! They're so cute! :-)
@teenspirit (1615)
• Israel
I never saw it and i wish i will see it one day,,,look so cute
Aw is he or she inquisitively adorable !
• Preston, England
they are very entertaining creatures
Never saw one, but Ive never been out that way either.
@LoriAMoore (4802)
They really are funny. They remind me of the meerkats we saw at the zoo yesterday.