I know you, but I really don't know you.

Do you ever run into someone "you know of" but don't know personally? Let's say you've seen them because they've been tagged in photos with your friends so you know of the person from a mutual friend. I always find it awkward when I see them in public. Like you know of them and they probably know of you too but it's just strange. This situation has happened to me a handful of times, and just earlier. I just kept busy with my phone while waiting for my name +food to be called as I ordered to go. Have you ever been in that kind of situation? What do you do?
@zarlamain (23949)
I've been in situations where I know my friends' friends and I'm not friends with them, so when I run into them, it's awkward.
Totally! It happened to me again today and its just awkward.
@zarlamain (23949)
@infatuatedbby So awkward! I don't even know what to say, so it's just very awkward.
@zarlamain Me too! And the guy held the door too. He was with his girlfriend.
Yes , it happened to me . I would tell them i saw you in the picture of my niece or whoever posted it at FB . At least , they know that it's from there that i have seen them first , so you recognized him/ her .
Do you continue with the conversation with them? Or do they say ok and continue on?
@infatuatedbby They asked who i am , where i am working and get to know each other .
@SIMPLYD That is nice and friendly of them!
@moffittjc (35628)
• Gainesville, Florida
I never feel uncomfortable in those situations, because I will talk with everybody and act like I've know them for 20 years, even if I just met them! I like to reminisce with people I don't even know! It's hilarious, because they spend the entire time scratching their heads trying to think of where they know me from!
Haha you surely have the sense of humor. If I'm with people I'm alright but if I'm alone eh :)
@moffittjc (35628)
• Gainesville, Florida
@infatuatedbby Whenever I'm out with friends, inevitably one of the guys will see a girl he likes, but will be too shy to go talk to her! I'm like, I'll go talk to her for you!
@moffittjc Haha I have guy buddies like that. :)
@1hopefulman (20212)
I just say hello and smile and say a friendly word and see what they do and how they respond. Yesterday, this lady and I were waiting for the bus. Later we ran into each other again and I smiled and she smiled back. Next time, if I run into her again I'll say a greeting.
You are very nice Has there been a time you said hello to someone and they did not respond. I have done that before and they did not respond so I felt stupid or maybe they did not hear me?
@1hopefulman (20212)
@infatuatedbby Yes, but maybe they didn't hear me. It's possible.
@1hopefulman Yes it is possible.
@amandajay (17827)
• Sri Lanka
Mmm cant remember such incident... But Im sure...it will be the most uncomfortable moment...hehe
That is good this didnt happen to you! :)
@amandajay (17827)
• Sri Lanka
• Portland, Connecticut
I would introduce myself and say something like "I feel like I know you already"
I heard that line today at the bakery! And the two said yeah I know and then that's it. It was a little awkward to hear. :)
@Drosophila (16858)
I don't usually go to facebook, so no problemo
That's a good point.
@moondebi (1230)
• Bangalore, India
It happened, but not often. In some occasions we had conversations.
I am always bound to run into someone where I live. Glad it only happens on occasion for you only. :)
No, no one, off the top of my head.
Lucky! It's a small world here so I always run into people.
@amnabas (9928)
• Karachi, Pakistan
Ohhh really the same happens with me.
Yes what do you do? Ignore the person or say hi?
Yes, very awkward indeed. I mostly just go about my business.
I did too but today the guy held the door - I said thank you ~ and carried on :)
@JustBhem (22370)
• Davao, Philippines
Like you've been friends for long years in Facebook, you always liked her statuses. And when you see her in public, and she acts as if she doesn't know you. Lol. It is indeed awkward.
Oh no! What I mean is it's your friends friend -not my friend. And you see them in person - you know OF them, but don't know personally. I find it strange. But sometimes I am friends with people on FaceBook (actually people I know) and when I see them in public, sometimes we do not even say hello.
@cacay1 (32164)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Yeah it happened to me badly, I do not know the husband of my friend who accused me of swindling him, how nice to double kill him.It's the one I posted and you,in fact, interacted,lol.