In-between Weather Cardigan

Virginia with a USA forever stamp
@Inlemay (16489)
South Africa
Such in-between weather this Spring has sprung . . . . cool icy mornings with Hot mid-days . . . cardigan weather as I call it. Such an old fashioned word my daughter would say - cardigan, and then she would add - But I am so glad that you introduced me to the stylish garment! Even though the cardigan was named after James Brudenell, 7th Earl of Cardigan, which was modelled after the knitted wool waistcoat that British officers supposedly wore during the war." The more famous 'Coco Chanel' is credited with popularizing cardigans for women because "she hated how tight-necked men’s sweaters messed up her hair when she pulled them over her head."" So style is most definitely included in the wearing of cardigans. Mostly the garment is associated with the "college culture of the Roaring Twenties and early 1930s, being also popular throughout the 1950s, the 1970s and the 1990s." and now luckily the Cardigans have regained popularity in the present decade. I have about six cardigans in my wardrobe - two white, cream, beige, navy blue and bottle green. To me they are essential especially in the in-between weather. Do you have a cardigan? and how is your in-between weather going from Summer to Autumn, or Winter to Spring? A lovely postcard arrived from Alice on Monday and Virginia is visiting again. Thank you so @IreneVincent for the beautiful card depicting all the History that goes with it. Love the umbrella's on the beach - and the Tulips!! It would be most interesting if you can fill me in on the other buildings names and the lighthouse - I love lighthouses!
This postcard is beautiful. I love cardigans and I have many, white, black, ivory, cream, sand. I even have a Chanel white and pink cardigan that I bought years ago in Monte-Carlo.
@Inlemay (16489)
• South Africa
Oh i can imagine a lovely Chanel white cardigan - ever the lady
@Inlemay Also my mother-in-law loved the Chanel cardigans, she was a very elegant woman.
@Asylum (48282)
• Manchester, England
Quite a nice postcard, but I am surprised that you have not shown the USA forever stamp.
@Inlemay (16489)
• South Africa
I have not - its the usual round forever stamp - I have many of them and they are quite popular
@Asylum (48282)
• Manchester, England
@Inlemay I only knew the type of stamp due to you using the name as part of the image description. That was why I assumed it was something unusual.
@Inlemay (16489)
• South Africa
@Asylum this is the forever stamp from the USA
I like things like this because I can take them on and off as I get hot or cold
@Inlemay (16489)
• South Africa
they are perfect - but I believe its a certain kind of lady that wears them - LADY I say
@Inlemay well I am less lady and more sloppy, I like hoodies lol
@Inlemay (16489)
• South Africa
@Jessicalynnt you are just an undercover lady
I love cardigans but don't have any currently. Nice postcard!
@Inlemay (16489)
• South Africa
thank you - Ladies all wear cardigans at some time or other
@Inlemay Yes and actually I've rethought this and I do have a cardigan, but it's so lightweight I didn't think of it as such.
@Inlemay (16489)
• South Africa
@Jeanniemaries it just has to keep you out of the cool and warm enough to be snug
• Eugene, Oregon
My wife has several cardigans, but I have not owned one since the early 1960s. For me, it has an "old man" image in the US and though I am sort of an "old man," I don't want to feel like one in my clothing, so I wear v-necks or crew necks. I have little hair to muss anyway.
@Inlemay (16489)
• South Africa
My son - who is not an old man YET - wears them to play golf as he says there is no restriction around the neck and also they can be removed easily
• Eugene, Oregon
@Inlemay That is true. I know many golfers wear them and they are easy to take off.
I d9 like cardigans as I can take them on and off as needed
@Inlemay (16489)
• South Africa
They are most handy
Both my husband and I love cardigans and have quite a few of them.
@Inlemay (16489)
• South Africa
They are the best in odd weather
@xFiacre (4376)
@inlemay I don't wear cardigans, but here's a picture of Donaghadee lighthouse near Belfast where I'm frequently spotted taking the sea air and eating dulse.
@Inlemay (16489)
• South Africa
ahhh how breathtaking that is - thank you Love the Lighthouse
@ison_1 (1252)
I have no cardigans! We are still enjoying some warm weather as the summer tries desperately to cling on. I think we shall see a sudden drop in temperature soon with frosty mornings. Brrrrrr....
@Inlemay (16489)
• South Africa
Sven wears one golfing -- but his is a waistcoat cardigan
• Pleasant Hill, California
Are cardigans what Mr. Rogers wore? If so, I don't think I've ever had one (at least not since my parents dressed me). I have both sweatshirts and sweaters, though.
@IreneVincent (16026)
For some reason, I just saw this post of yours today, when I was posting something about post cards. Your post came up on the side of the screen and I recognized that post card immediately. I would love to find some more of these postcards. The white buildings are government buildings in the state capitol of Richmond, the capitol building and the governor's mansion. The building on the middle right is Monticello, Thomas Jefferson's home in Charlottesville, Virginia. There are many lighthouses along the Eastern coast of Virginia, but I think this is the one at Cape Hatteras. I would have to look it up but they are all different and identifiable by their design. I just don't know them as well as some who live on the coast do. My oldest son would know in a glance, since he has photographed all of them and knows them by sight. The beach is, of course, Virginia Beach, where I go for a week every October. We have a time share there.
I had the prettiest cardigan when I was a teenager.