It Was a Nice Day

Having lunch with my two daughters today was awesome. I wrote earlier that we were going to celebrate my oldest daughters birthday which is on Saturday. Since her daughter has a big marching band competition there are no plans for a birthday party. My daughter also insisted that no one arrange a surprise party and she's not very happy hitting her 50th birthday. Heck, how does she think I feel having a daughter that's 50!! Our quiet little lunch turned out to be a very nice way to acknowledge her birthday and she was happy to hear that there are no plans for a big party. It was also nice for me to have a few hours distraction from the daily grind of taking care of my mom and the revolving door of care takers that come. Now if I can have a relaxing evening this day will be a good one all the way around
Good for you there.Happy Birthday to your daughter.You deserved this.
taking care olf your mom must be a full job too b u t glad you have care takers glad y ou had that lovely lunch with your two daughtes I have one sonwho will be 59 in junr
Glad to hear that you all had an enjoyable lunch together. It is good that she was pleased with it rather then having a party. Some people like having a big party to celebrate their 50th and othersee like something low key. It is always nice though when we get to spend time with our children. Happy birthday to your daughter.
I hope your evening is indeed relaxing.
I've just put my comment to your previous post about having a daughter turning 50. I hated turning 50 too for some reason.
My oldest son turned 48 years old today!! It is pretty daunting having a 48-year-old son lol Gosh we are old!! lol At least we have each other to commiserate!!
You are too funny! I hope your evening will be as nice as your day!
@mom210 (6771)
• Atlanta, Georgia
A very happy birthday to your daughter, and sounds like a great lunch out. I was not happy with 30, or 40. I am sure I will not be happy with 50 either. I guess we do not have much choice, the other option is not good at all.
• Midland, Michigan
It's always good to spend time with family. I'm surprised you have a daughter/child that old. I got a late start in having kids, so I'll be eighty-six and eighty-nine when my two daughters hit that age. I hope I'm still going strong by then.
@simone10 (21647)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Happy birthday to you daughter! I wasn't very happy reaching 50 either and now that I'm 60, I'm not happy with that age either.
I hope you have a complete happy day!
Glad you had a nice day and, happy birthday to your daughter.
I remember my 50th, just a few years ago, and we rang both mine as well as my husband's in very very quietly! I hope that she has a happy birthday.
@Jenning (2022)
• Nigeria
It's a glad tiding. Happy Birthday to your Daughter Pa.
I am so glad you had a wonderful day. =) I hope your evening is relaxing so you can have the perfect day!