Gotta Find the Warranty

@IvySaysHi (4342)
Well I was able to find out that my laptop's warranty is valid until this December, but I can't find the actual papers! I am talking to the Geek Squad, who I hate to have to take my tech problems to because they take too long and many people say when they get their tech back they end up with new problems, and I am trying to see if I can still use the warranty without the papers. I have also told the agent about the problems my laptop has which I talked about in my post about my computer being even closer to death. I was hoping he would tell me whether they would fix it or replace my computer altogether. I was hoping that they would replace it because I am not sure this computer will live through it. I hope he tells me some good news because if it has to be repaired instead of replaced I know it will take forever and I will be halfway or later through my college semester before I get it back. Have you ever had to deal with Geek Squad? Did you have good or bad experiences with them? P.S. I was blocked from the Facebook Geek Squad page because during the entire time my computer was sent in for repairs I let everyone know in comments how they were taking too long and how once the updates were updated backwards making it even longer for me to get my laptop back. P. P. S. Thinking back on why I got blocked I think it may have been because when I commented my complaints like others were doing they had someone from the page responding to people. He replied to me telling me things I already knew and I got smart with him and some rude things got said and I think that made them block me lol.
@ricki_911 (20086)
• Toronto, Ontario
I have sent my laptop to be in for fixing with them. They said 4 weeks and at the time I was in school and needed it. It took them 12 weeks andthen within 2 days the issue came back.
@IvySaysHi (4342)
That is exactly what I am talking about. When I sent it in I was in school too and needed my laptop. But I was told I don't need the papers and if my computer needs to be replaced then I get to pick one of the same price from the store. I hope if this computer is going to break that it breaks before my warranty is up
@ricki_911 (20086)
• Toronto, Ontario
@IvySaysHi I needed the receipt but it was in the system with the store. So that was no issue, but they claimed 2-4 weeks. After 2 weeks I went back, and nothing. But 12 weeks I ended up just buying a new laptop.
@IvySaysHi (4342)
@ricki_911 I don't blame you. I am not going to take my laptop in which is probably the opposite of what I should do but I am too afraid of not having my laptop for most of the semester. He told me if they look it over and deem that it is not economically logical for them to repair it I would get my laptop replaced. If not then I will have to wait probably 2-3 months to get it back.