Fixing an old computer a friend gave me!

@EddieHands (37816)
Well not really fixing, just installing Linux on it. I should be able to have it up and running once I get this installed on the system I really hope this works. Because I want to be able to use it. It has a huge screen, and it will run video games, my work stuff of course etc. It's a mac so it will be a good computer for me! it's a big desktop. Right now I am on my laptop, because my other desktop has gotten to loud. I often post from my phone. But I am charging it. So I am downloading the OS sytem to install on the old PC. and then I am here working on mylot in the mean time. I am hungry time for a late breakfast.
@egdcltd (6890)
I keep thinking about digging out the old PCs and spare parts I have and setting one up as a Linux machine. But never get around to it!
@EddieHands (37816)
I gave a old PC I can probably run Linux on if I can get it to turn on lol. I would like to put puppy arcade Linux on it. and run old games. Since it's an old system it might be able to run the old games. Or if I can use a windows 98 VM I can finally run the old Vectrex games I love. It's sad only Apple sells the Vectrex games. I can't get them for droid. So I am quite sad about that. Even though those are only worth playing with a tablet and arcade pad hooked up.
@egdcltd (6890)
@EddieHands My computer before last broke and wouldn't turn on the day I bought its replacement. I didn't buy the new one because the previous one broke - it broke after I brought the new one home. Maybe I hurt its feelings.
@Jackalyn (6684)
• Oxford, England
Linux or rather Ubuntu in my case has saved hardware for me many a time. I have the disks. I have never managed to download the OS for myself so I bought them. I don't ever want to go back to Microsoft. I have an iMac that I keep wondering about trying to use. It still has MacOs 9 , but I doubt it would work with wireless.
@topffer (35526)
• France
Better install OS9 on a Linux computer. MacOS 9.04 works very well under Linux with SheepShaver, but browsing the web with Classilla is not that exciting.
@rina110383 (24074)
That is so generous of your friend. Why are you installing Linux on it? I used Linux one time.