loading pictures

New Delhi, India
Does adding pictures to our discussions affect the responses we get...?
@owlwings (39233)
• Cambridge, England
Uploading an image doesn't directly affect your earnings but it may mean that a few more people visit your discussion. The image should either be your own or one which is specifically listed as "Free for reuse". Nearly all images you find on the Internet are copyright and posting copyright images without the permission of the owner is illegal. An image must also illustrate a discussion, rather than be an image posted just for its own sake. In other words, the discussion should be able to stand on its own with or without the image.
Having a sense of deja vu with this response. Should I feel the same with the question instead? Come on, we have known each other for quite a time, I can joke.... me feels you copied and pasted an earlier response!
@owlwings (39233)
• Cambridge, England
@hora_fugit No, I didn't copy and paste this, though I do sometimes do so when there are sufficiently similar questions posted close to each other in time. I have certainly said something very like it before many times and I think that déja vu is certainly justified with respect to the question!
@Bluedoll (17069)
Whether it is deja vu, chance or it just happened this way... This is certainly a helpful idea and worth taking note of specially the first paragraph in the OC (original comment) The second comment I agree with too its helpful and works well when a picture illustrates the topic. Otherwise why post it? However, like any good court case there are always exceptions. I found someone with authority (OMG there is that word again authority do you suppose it was copy and pasted?) which is really not authority but member opinion will suggest that your picture isn't correct based on the second amendment, I mean paragraph. A problem can arise if someone can't see the connection. That's my problem i guess. No its not! It's theirs. The image on this post is excellent.
@parpande (674)
• Bangalore, India
@amitkokiladitya especially for the people who are unwilling to read volumes of text under discussions, these pictures help. They would more likely be able to perceive within fraction of seconds to figure out if the discussion is their cup of tea or not.
• New Delhi, India
Thanks
@sugartoes (40759)
• Greencastle, Indiana
it helps as well as adding a video to it helps too if you want but don't have to I like adding both cause it gives your respondents a better understanding about what your writing about.
• New Delhi, India
Thanks
@zarlamain (24525)
For some members, sure.
If you mean "Will adding photos magically increase the number of responses I get?" the answer is no. If you mean "Will adding a relevant photo possibly make my discussion a little more interesting?" the answer is yes.
@princemaxp (2051)
• Bhubaneshwar, India
....
Never show a cat pic to me.... may get abducted.
• Bhubaneshwar, India
@hora_fugit its me....you can't abduct me
@RitzzView (2765)
I believe it does. We like visuals..images that could connect with the data is the thing which we would be able to remember more. So, you are likely to get more attention also many could remember you because of an image.
A picture attracts attention if it's a good one. If it isn't, it may drive readers away.
@teenspirit (1615)
• Israel
sometimes it is...have a nice day