I saw a cute snail

@5thHouse (1734)
Sheffield, England
I'm sure I'm probably in a minority, finding snails rather cute, but this one caught my eye yesterday morning when I went into the garden. It was such a tiny little thing and worthy of a photograph. Somebody pointed out that the shadow looks like a rude finger gesture, which I hadn't really thought of, but I suppose it could be that the snail is not impressed that I should try to take its picture. It's rather fun to take close ups of small creatures. You don't always appreciate the detail until you look at them in photographic form. Isn't the sheer variety of life forms quite fascinating? What animals have you enjoyed photographing?
My grand daughter loves snails. She is always picking them up and letting them crawl on her. It creeps me up a bit but it is cute to watch her with them. I like photographing my cats. I have hundreds, maybe even thousands of pictures of them. lol That snail picture you took is really cute. I will have to save a copy of it on my computer to show my grand daughter the next time she comes over.
@5thHouse (1734)
• Sheffield, England
My daughter was the same. She used to love to go snail-spotting on her walks to school when she was small. In rainy weather we would find dozens of them.
@5thHouse that is awesome. Loves those memories.
these are really delicious baked in olive oil and garlic butter served with toast @Happy2BeMe -- they are called escargots
• Denmark
Obviously you haven't had snails in your garden which devoured all your lettuce plants or you wouldn't talk so positively about them. :-)
@5thHouse (1734)
• Sheffield, England
True. I'm sure I would feel differently if I was a gardener. I even find it hard to kill slugs, which lack the cuteness of snails.
and of course there was no salt to steer them away from the garden @MALUSE
@Ayuriny (5280)
• Denpasar, Indonesia
It looks really innocent. Lovely!
@5thHouse (1734)
• Sheffield, England
I love the look of him/her.
@ms1864 (8100)
• Bangalore, India
I loved playing with snails when i was a kid...there were many in our garden. I haven't seen one in years. I used to take an insane amount of pictures of my dog...He was always annoyed by it.
@5thHouse (1734)
• Sheffield, England
I have probably taken more photos of our cats than of any other members of the family!
Well, I think it is a darling snail!! I have been trying to get a photo of the white egret that fishes at a pond here, but if I get too close, off he goes. Any animal is worth photographing to me.
@5thHouse (1734)
• Sheffield, England
@Marty1 I really love bats. We get a lot of them flying through our garden during the summer months and I enjoy watching them.
@5thHouse You don't even want to hear the history of my fear of bats. It is too long o post in a comment. It goes back to high school!
Actually the shadow represents a peace sign, hardly a rude finger gesture in my world and thanks for sharing a picture of that cute little guy or gal snail @5thHouse
@5thHouse (1734)
• Sheffield, England
I like the idea of a peace sign much better than a rude gesture!
@5thHouse that is what I see so I mentioned it and if someone sees only a rude finger gesture, well you know where they can stick that finger . . .
• Preston, England
I enjoy getting all kinds of animal shots
I don't see a rude gesture but the V for victory or peace sign.
@EddieHands (29593)
Meow that is a very cute snail. The cat wants to be friends with it.
@RitzzView (2596)
Know what..when I first read the topic "I saw a cute snail" I decided from then on..my first comment line would be- You find snails cute? Same here..I like insects, I am even affectionate towards them! ^_^ And BTW, those shadow doesn't make me look like any rude finger gesture. Only when you look at snail, like a snail, then you'd see the snail's shadow..not any "gestures". :)
@5thHouse (1734)
• Sheffield, England
I find insects fascinating too. I love to photograph bees in particular. Also I enjoy taking photographs of spiders. I think there is so much interesting animal life around us. We tend to think we have to go to zoos to see the interesting creatures but they are everywhere if we just look.
• New Delhi, India
I'm sure it was a great experience for you.... Great going ....
@XinfulThotz (4239)
• Singapore, Singapore
It's nice that you appreciate your surroundings and find wonderful things to capture. It is indeed very cute!
Vince is on a couple of FB photography sites and some of the members specialise in photos of insects. To see a bee's eye close up is really amazing.
I enjoy taking photos of my pets.
@moffittjc (28388)
• Gainesville, Florida
Snails are interesting little creatures, although it is not a good thing if yo have them in your garden, since they eat the plants you have there!
• Singapore, Singapore
oh it really is cute! yum yum!
@FayeHazel (6536)
Is that your photo? Nice job! Snails are pretty cool - I remember getting a nice picture of a hawk once and my cat if she could only hold still long enough ha ha