To my great Jewish friends here: Happy Rosh Hashanah

I am hoping that my services today through Tuesday will be wonderfully embraced by some of my best clients as their first holiday of the end of this year began last night at sundown. I do not know too much about the particular holiday, what it stands for and why it is celebrated so if you would like to enlighten me, I would love to learn. I am such a sponge and wish you all the best. So who is of the Jewish faith here ?
• Preston, England
hope the holiday goes well - it is actually Jewish New Year
Yep I finally got that @arthurchappell
Happy New Year to all my Jewish friends here. I'm not Jewish, but I know a little bit about your holidays. Not much though and I too love to learn.
@saulgoodman (2664)
• Dundee, Scotland
Oh dear. Just typed an epic post about this and lost it. Shalom Shabbat. I am not Jewish but my wife Yvonne is so she is my trusty advisor on this one. Anyway Rosh Hashanah. Head of the year. My wife tells me that our actions on this day will impact on the rest of the year. She says that every year on this day all inhabitants of the worlds pass before God like a flock of sheep and it is decreed who will live and who will die. Who shall be enriched and who shall be impoverished and who shall rise and who shall fall. She says its supposed to be a day of prayer. Pray to ask God for prosperity happiness and blessing. I know I typed the word God in full and Yvonne says me not being Jewish its OK She thinks its a day when Jewish people proclaim God as King of the Universe. Another name for the day and I knew this myself is Yom Teruah. Its like blowing on a sheep horn both mornings of the celebration except where the first morning us on Shabbat ( the 7th day). Yvonne admits to not being a good Jew - it was only this post which reminded her of the day. Best not ask her if she fancies a Bacon roll then!!
• Dundee, Scotland
@The_Talking_Mule I won't ask about chauffeurs then.
@saulgoodman no chauffeurs you got that correct . . .
Well God is certainly 'king' of Planet Earth but I won't go so far as to say the entire Universe cause other planets certainly describe religion, if that aspect is even part of that climate, which I kind of doubt @saulgoodman
@vandana7 (57187)
I believe in all gods and I believe in none. So thank you Erica. :) And wish every Jewish person here Happy New Year.
That is interesting you say you believe in all and then say you don't believe in any, so confusing but which is more relevant to your spiritual stream @vandana7 ?
@vandana7 (57187)
@enlightenedpsych2 .. There is general perception that if you believe in one religion, you can't believe in another. If that be so, every other religion member must feel I don't believe in other religions. lol. I believe in all gods, not all interpretations of scriptures...some have lost relevance with time, so to that extent, I am also a non-believer. :) But you have a good new year Erica..hugs...tc.
@vandana7 I guess we are kind of alike in the religion aspect as I don't specifically or exclusively assign my beliefs upon one religion but rather take something valuable to me from all religions and spiritual walks of life that both broaden my horizons and really love all the gods, goddesses and even demi-gods. I like the way you perceive this sort of thing, it makes you unique and multi-faceted like a rare jewel ! Isn't it interesting that the general perception keeps people locked in one religious aspect falling short of being blessed by all the others . . .
I hope everyone that is Jewish will enjoy this day.
@Telynor (1117)
It's the start of the new year -- it's 5777! Apples and honey are usually eaten, and eating a fruit that is new to you is also customary. The ram's horn, or shofar, is blown and there are services on both days. It's pretty much a festival and the start of the high holy days.