So Excited With Buy 1 Take 1 Deal

@salonga (28020)
A membership-shopping chain of stores in our country announced a 3-day Buy 1 Take 1 Members’ Treat. On Friday, the first day of SALE, I and my husband rushed to the nearest store with so much excitement of course. But alas, the management failed to prepare! The only two guards assigned to manage the very, very long queue of members were lax and not capable so the queue turned chaotic. And there were no enough push carts for the customers so after queuing for more than 3 hours to gain entrance we also had to queue for an hour to get a pushcart. And worst, after more than 4 hours of queuing we found out that it was not really a big time Buy 1 Take 1 deal but only for certain items. So deceitful! I wish I could sue them. As we were enduring another long queue to the Cashier, my husband sighed, “This is the first and the last”. On our way to the parking lot, I heard another weary-looking woman saying, “This is the first and the last!” My husband and I laughed secretly. I swear I will not renew my membership anymore. It is not worth to pay PHP700 again to a deceitful Shopper's membership club.
@Plethos (10312)
i hate it when they limit sales to items that you personally dont use or care for. its just the stores way of trying to get rid of the merchandise that they couldnt sell.
@salonga (28020)
Exactly! I don't even use those on sale such as the big bottles of liquid soaps. What will I do with them when we are not big family and also cookwares that I don't need because I better quality ones that I bought online.
@Plethos (10312)
@salonga - i like to buy the big bottles of laundry liquid detergent, it lasts me for about 4 months!
@salonga (28020)
@Plethos But those liquid soaps are mostly hand soaps.
@ridingbet (53222)
good i am not a member of any of the stores here, but my older brother is.
@salonga (28020)
That's better because it is not worth to pay some money for membership only to be deceived.
@ridingbet (53222)
@salonga i better pay what i buy in cash, rather than have a card swiped for discounts
@salonga (28020)
@ridingbet That's better. This card needs no swiping though but only members can enter and shop their imported and goods at some discounted price.
That was a bit deceitful of them. I'm sorry you wasted so much time and were so disappointed with the results.
@salonga (28020)
Indeed they are deceitful and for that they got so many bad remarks in the social media.
@salonga Maybe they will change their ways next time. Social media doesn't play around and can hurt businesses when they act like that.
@salonga (28020)
@just4him I hope so too.
I don't think I would ever queue that long for anything. What a shame it wasn't better managed.
@salonga (28020)
We could not imagine ourselves doing that too. That would be the first and the last.
@salonga Once you've made the effort to get there you would tend to stay and see it out.
@salonga (28020)
@JudyEv Exactly, that was why we stayed.
@louievill (18676)
Seems like they never run out of gimmicks to make us part with our money
@salonga (28020)
They announced something big but came out very small. What a dirty gimmick.
@louievill (18676)
@salonga yeah they sort of bloated it to attract a lot, yes dirty and dishonest sales strategy, they did it now but next time no one would believe them especially when word spreads around.
@salonga (28020)
@louievill You're right. Members are not stupid to believe them again.
@simone10 (21657)
• Louisville, Kentucky
How horrible for you and your husband. I wouldn't ever go back again either. That is ridiculous for it to take 4 hours.
@salonga (28020)
Horrible indeed! I swear it will never happen again.
@simone10 (21657)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@salonga I don't blame you at all. That would be the last place I would want to go again.
@shshiju (10492)
• Cochin, India
In our near cooperative store they offered free gift for their members. The free gifts cost maximum Rs.50. There is a huge crowd and traffic goes bad. After collecting the price , the members get Rs.1000 fine from traffic police for parking and creating traffic problems.
@salonga (28020)
Hahaha, so the amount they got is not even enough to pay the fine!
@shshiju (10492)
• Cochin, India
@salonga Yes Exactly. And they learned a free lesson. Lol
@Yar_Joey (3303)
I don't go to these malls that have sales. Maybe because I had an issue before. I dont like to recall that anymore.
@salonga (28020)
Now I learned a good lesson never to go again.
@Yar_Joey (3303)
@salonga yes, and it is better to buy right and not in sales anymore.
@1hopefulman (28612)
That was so disappointing! Were you still able to get some good deals?
@salonga (28020)
No, because those on sale are items I don't even need but I bought some bakery products and household items at regular price so my trip to that store won't be useless,
@1hopefulman (28612)
@salonga That's very disappointing!
Was that at S & R ? Anyone who sees that there is a Buy One Take One Promo would really want to buy also . Who wouldn't want , when what you budgeted for the items is just half ? Anyway , i am sorry that happened to you guys . Perhaps , someone must take time to drop by the suggestion box to suggest that next time , they shouldn't be deceitful since people would really think that it is for all items .
@salonga (28020)
Yes, It is not worth to pay 700 pesos for membership. It is better to shop at Puregold instead.
@salonga I agree .
@hereandthere (31174)
those i know who are members of s&r only shop there during their anniversary sale.
@salonga (28020)
Yes it is the most awaited annual sale because before it is really offering good sale items but this recent sale is a big big disappointment.
@PainsOnSlate (20254)
I haven't joined any of the member groups; we used to belong when we had a business that was stocked from one of those stores, It did save us a bit of money but not enough to keep our membership when we didn't need them... I would have been furious if a store promised good stuff and I got nothing. I can feel your disappointment.
@salonga (28020)
Yes exactly, it is not worth to renew my membership. It is a waste of money.
@sol_cee (15542)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
You must have been hungry after all the queuing.
@salonga (28020)
Sooo hungry So! So we hand to stop by the nearest Chinese restaurant to avoid getting headache.
@mom210 (6761)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I do not do well in such situation, I like calm and quiet when a place gets crazy like that it is just not my style. I dislike crowds so bad, I refuse to go out on black Friday or any of the huge shopping days
@salonga (28020)
I can relate to you. I myself hate crowd and could not believe I was in that crowd that very moment. I thought it won't be that big because it is a membership club but I was wrong. Well, lesson learned.
They are going to lose a lot of business now. They were foolish.
@salonga (28020)
For sure they will lose lots of members.
@PatZAnthony (12657)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
It is a shame that these things happen.
@salonga (28020)
So sad that a prestigious shopper's club will resort to that.
@brokenbee (7864)
Is it S&R? I had a bad experience in that membership shopping center. Hmmm And I will never go back to that center anymore.
@salonga (28020)
Yes it is! They will lose lots of members for sure.
@acelawrites (11001)
Is that S&R? It's bad if they made that announcement but failed the expectations of members.
@salonga (28020)
Yes, S&R used to give real good deals during their annual SALE but now they have completely disappointed their members.
@moondebi (1212)
• Bangalore, India
There's always a catch when this type of offers are announced. The deal makers try to cash on people's curiosity.
@salonga (28020)
You are right. But this will bounce back to them for sure.
That really is a rotten a and dishonest thing to do
@salonga (28020)
I could not believe a prestigious company would resort to such kind of not dishonesty.