Company Is Gone...

@simone10 (21670)
Louisville, Kentucky
I know I haven't been on here in a few days but we have had a guest for the last week. Although I was able to post some during her stay, it was difficult and I finally had to give up and wait until she left. We were so busy going sightseeing, shopping,dining and just having such a good time. I was okay the first few days but towards the end of her stay, I started feeling bad and really pushed myself more than I should have. I am paying for it dearly today. I plan on working on myLot as much as I can then will just take it easy the rest of the day and try to get some much needed rest. Do you feel like this when you have company come and stay? Maybe it's just because I am getting older and it just takes it's toll on me now. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and was able to enjoy some of this cool weather.
I think we all tend to overdo it when we have company. We just want to make sure they have a good time and then it all catches up with us. Take care of yourself and relax today.
@simone10 (21670)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Yes, we do overdo somewhat when we have company. We want them to see all the sights and enjoy themselves.
i'm certain that since ya aint used to all that goin' 'n blowin' such t'was hard'n ya, hon. get 'cherself rested 'p, k? folks rarely come here to visit 'n when they do, 'tis usually jest fer a day 'r 2.
@simone10 (21670)
• Louisville, Kentucky
No, I wasn't used to it and it did take a toll on me. I am finally better now although these darn feet are still giving me a fit.
@simone10 've ya tried some epsom salt soaks fer those feet, hon? i do wonder if'n that chantix schtuff jest didn't hose yer system with the other meds ya take? sendin' healin' hugs!
@simone10 (21670)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@crazyhorseladycx I had neuropathy before I ever took chantix. It started many years ago and was well controlled by medication until this past year.
@Blondie2222 (21224)
Yes I get tired easily and if i do to much I always have to rest and relax too. Part of it is because of my heart and lung issues but i deal with it. I hope you atleast enjoyed her stay and had fun. Now this week just rest and try not to do too much
@simone10 (21670)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I had a great time and we did have fun. I'm glad she came but was so happy when it was time for her to leave. I hope that doesn't make me sound awful.
@Blondie2222 (21224)
@simone10 no it doesn' i totally understand.
@simone10 (21670)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@Blondie2222 I hope you are feeling better these days.
Don't worry about not being able to myLot . What is Important is you had the company of someone during those days and enjoyed it .
@simone10 (21670)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Yes, we did enjoy the company and showing her around. Now, everything is back to normal.
@simone10 That's good to know and i am happy you are back in here. .
@simone10 (21670)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@SIMPLYD Thanks! I'm still not completely back yet but I do try and stop in every few days.
yes its lovely to have company but the lomger tjey stay the tired er one gets
@simone10 (21670)
• Louisville, Kentucky
That is so true! I love having company but I am usually glad when they do go home and everything can get back to normal.
@simone10 yesI was always the s ame way glad to get bavck to the way it was ki,
@simone10 (21670)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@Hatley I am a creature of habit and feel a little out of sorts at times if my schedule is interrupted.
@thelme55 (14014)
Yes, I feel that way when the visit is longer than I want to. Theres a saying in Germany that said like this, "A guest is like a fish. It stinks in 3 days." Anyway it just depends what kind of guest you have.
@simone10 (21670)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Lol...I love that saying! It is so true! Our guest was here for about a week and although we had a great time, I was glad when everything went back to normal.
@thelme55 (14014)
@simone10 I am sure you were glad having your normal life again.
@simone10 (21670)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@thelme55 Oh yes! I feel out of sorts if I am off my routine for too long.
@HazySue (20134)
It's nice to have visitors but it's so nice when to are gone. I find if I lose a day or so I have a hard time catching up on reset and myLot.
@simone10 (21670)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Yes, it has been really hard to get caught up on myLot and now that I have other things going on, I am really far behind.
@HazySue (20134)
@simone10 There is a saying that goes something lie this: After a few days visitors and fish both stink.
@simone10 (21670)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@HazySue Lol...that is so very true!
• Portland, Connecticut
It has been years since we have had company stay at least here in Connecticut except for the grandkids and they are nothing to worry about.
@simone10 (21670)
• Louisville, Kentucky
It has been awhile since we have had company too. We really enjoyed it but I am a creature of habit and it felt good to get back into my old routine once she had left.
• Portland, Connecticut
@simone10 I know what you mean, we all have our routine and we are happiest when it is not disrupted. Even if it is for something fun!!
@simone10 (21670)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@BelleStarr Exactly! I feel a little out of sorts if my routine is messed up for too long.
It's been years since I had any company even come to spend the night. I'm sure it did take it's toll. I'm glad you did have a good time though.
@simone10 (21670)
• Louisville, Kentucky
We don't get company too often so I think that is why we went a little overboard.
@simone10 That's understandable.
I like to have company and I like... when they go. Three to four days are fine, more it becomes too much.
@simone10 (21670)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I agree with you! Three to four days are ideal.
It is easy to overdo the activity when you have guests, particularly when you really want to give them a good time.
@simone10 (21670)
• Louisville, Kentucky
It really is and we don't get guests that often. At least we all had a good time.
I know exactly how you feel. I had my sister here for a while during the summer, and I found it hard. At the end, we were both happy to say "Good Bye". I think it is a matter of ageing and not feeling 100%.
@simone10 (21670)
• Louisville, Kentucky
You are probably right. When I was younger, I could go and go and now I can't. It does make a big difference.
@skysnap (17822)
Good day. and have a good week ahead.
@simone10 (21670)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Thank you! I hope you have a good week as well.
@Platespinner (16532)
Company can be very exhausting! I hope you are able to rest and recover today!
@simone10 (21670)
• Louisville, Kentucky
That is so true and especially when you aren't feeling up to par. You don't want to let on to anyone that you aren't feeling well so you just go and go.
@Morleyhunt (19540)
I read this many years ago, "after three days, fish and company, begin to smell!" There are not many people who I tolerate for more than three days. Nice to see you today.
@simone10 (21670)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I totally agree...lol. I think about 3-4 days works well but a whole week just wears everyone out.
It's good to have someone to hang around with but yes it does takes its toll on your body.
@simone10 (21670)
• Louisville, Kentucky
It really does, especially if you aren't used to being on the go like you are when you have guests over.
I can only imagine how draining that would be. We never ever have guests stay for any amount of time, our son will pop in and sleep here overnight on occasion, but he's our son, and we don't feel obligated to entertain him, so its not quite the same.
@simone10 (21670)
• Louisville, Kentucky
We don't usually have a lot of guests who stay overnight but she is a friend we haven't seen in a while.