How to say No

@Ayuriny (5191)
Denpasar, Indonesia
Do you sometimes find it hard to say 'No' to certain requests of someone's? I wonder how to reject one's request with confident, but without hurting his feeling? What do you think?
• Denmark
You should have included some examples. Not all cases are alike.
@Ayuriny (5191)
• Denpasar, Indonesia
Sorry for making you confused. Let say there's a guy asking me to tell him my Fb account, do online date with him, etc. What do you think?
• Denmark
@Ayuriny Further information should always be included in the post proper. Other members may also want to read it. As to your question: I don't see a problem here. An online 'No' is easy. Tell him politely but clearly that you aren't interested in dating him. Should he ask for a reason, don't answer. You don't have to defend yourself. Should he insist, block him.
@Ayuriny (5191)
• Denpasar, Indonesia
@MALUSE You're the best, @MALUSE! That's what i'm going to do now. Thanks.
If it's just an online thing don't respond at all and pretend you didn't see their request, if you see that person face to face then i don't know.
@Ayuriny (5191)
• Denpasar, Indonesia
Luckily, this is just an online thing. Thank you. I'll learn to pretend not seeing his request. ....Lol
@Ayuriny that's the spirit. I've done this many times.
@Ayuriny (5191)
• Denpasar, Indonesia
@IlijaMarkovski Well, you're so experienced. ...Lol
I say No when there's a need to do so . I do it by giving a valid reason .
@Ayuriny (5191)
• Denpasar, Indonesia
Even if it is a white lie? Do we still need a valid reason?
@Ayuriny Yes, sometimes i tell a white lie so as not to hurt the feeling of the one who asked a favor .
@Ayuriny (5191)
• Denpasar, Indonesia
@SIMPLYD I like that one.
@XinfulThotz (4224)
• Singapore, Singapore
When it is time to say 'No', I will. No matter who, what, when, how... Oh no. I am xinful again...
@Ayuriny (5191)
• Denpasar, Indonesia
Wow! What a brave and brief action. Just one sin in a day, i think no need to feel sinful. ...
• Singapore, Singapore
@Ayuriny i like that.. Just one sin in a day, i think no need to feel sinful. ...
@Ayuriny (5191)
• Denpasar, Indonesia
@ms1864 (6969)
• Bangalore, India
I'll be truthful here...When i can't say no...i lie. I make up a excuse. I happen to be good at it.
• Denmark
So-called white lies are permitted.
@Ayuriny (5191)
• Denpasar, Indonesia
Yes you right. Sometimes a lie is needed.
@Ayuriny (5191)
• Denpasar, Indonesia
@MALUSE True.
@rina110383 (21957)
I always say NO with confidence. I don't have difficulties saying no to other's request since I don't ask favors or requests from others. I do all things on my own.
@Ayuriny (5191)
• Denpasar, Indonesia
That's good to be always confident when saying NO. I think i need to get use of it. ...Lol
I don't have a problem saying no to people. If I don't want to do something then I'm not going to do it and I'm going to tell them no. Sometimes you have to put other people's feelings in the back seat when your feelings or what is best for you is going to be pushed to the side. First and foremost you have to think of yourself and make sure you are mentally and physically okay before you can worry and take care of others.
@Ayuriny (5191)
• Denpasar, Indonesia
That's my problem. I tend to think about other's feeling rather than think about myself. But, yes, i need to learn to put people's feeling aside. Thank you, Casey...
• New Delhi, India
I prefer to say no than to do the work halfheartedly... But attimes you just cannot say no that us for sure
@Ayuriny (5191)
• Denpasar, Indonesia
Sure. I agree with you.
@skysnap (17583)
I am learning that skill too. I think being assertive here plays part. :D
@Ayuriny (5191)
• Denpasar, Indonesia
That's a recommended skill.
@ivansin (577)
If you want to say "No!", you can say "Yes, but......" For example, A: can you borrow me $10000000? You are my friend. Right? You should help me. Right? B: Yes! You are my friend. Yes! I should help you, but I am as poor as you. So sorry, I think I can't help you. HAHAHA.
@Ayuriny (5191)
• Denpasar, Indonesia
Ha ha ha ha.... This s good.