I Just Can't Keep Up

Time has definitely not been my friend lately. The days are flying by and I'm trying so hard to find time for myself. It's not easy having mom home as she requires lots of care and most nights I fall into bed and am asleep before my head hits the pillow. Even with the visiting nurse, a physical therapist, an occupational therapist, and my two daughters pitching in to help it's exhausting. It reminds me when I brought my babies home and they consumed all of the time and it was hard to get into a routine since everything revolved around the baby. I haven't been out of the house in two weeks and I'm starting to go stir crazy. The only thing I manage to keep on schedule is my morning coffee which is my lifeline to sanity. Hope things are going well in your neck of the woods
@skysnap (17590)
Same with me. I have lot of goals to attend and it seems things are going very slow for me lately.
@hostessman (6355)
• Tucson, Arizona
sounds like you need a good long coffee break, i know how these times can get you down, but just hang in there, and drink lots of coffee
Hope that things settle down for you soon. I know it's not easy.
You must be absolutely run off your feet. And no matter how much help you have the buck stops with you I guess. You're really always on duty. Take care.
I hope that a schedule of sanity comes up soon, you deserve it!
@Morleyhunt (15037)
i feel your pain. Sometimes babies are easier...you can just bundle them up and go out. It's much harder with an infirm senior.
You need to take care of yourself or you'll be no good to your mom or anyone else. There has to be some organizations that have people who can give a few hours here and there. I don't have a clue how to search for stuff like that maybe check with the local hospitals for people to reach out to.
So sorry that you have all this on your shoulders. Have you made a decision yet?
I can imagine how exhausted you must be caring for your mom. Sis and I were exhausted for 17 years seeing to the needs of our parents. Even when Dad was in assisted living, an emergency arose weekly. We finally have a break since Dad, age 95, is now in a nursing home with doctors and nurses on staff at all times. If Dad were in one of our homes, we would be at ERs, walk-in clinic, and doctors' offices non-stop due to his myriad of health issues.
@Platespinner (16840)
That sounds exhausting! Your mother is blessed to have your love and care!
I'm sorry that things are so crazy for you. Have you looked into getting an aide through Medicare?
can you get one of the girls to baby sit for you.So that you can get out for awhile?