My fingers are full of prickles.

Chile
I was going to garden a bit and then come back to read and comment here at mylot. But that is not possible today. I started to clean up some of my cacti and even if I wore leather gloves, I managed to pinch ,y fingers with some pickles. And THEY HURT! It is next to imposible to write. I will see how I can get some of them out. Meanwhile, forget me if I cannot post or answer. I went to the cacti war and came back wounded.
@quantum2020 (10035)
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
One day off from the computer and posting action won´t hurt you as much as those needles did.
True. But I did want to clean up those cacti.
Ouch! I hope you can get them all out without too much pain.
I just discover how to take them out. Of course, I discovered how to do it after my hands were a mess.
@blitzfrick (2912)
OWIE! I don't know what kind of cactus you're dealing with, but a few years back I lived in cactus country and had a big prickly pear cactus in my flower garden. My tools for handling and pruning it evolved over time, finally ending with leather gloves, pliers to hold the cactus pads, and a large serrated knife to saw them off the main plant. Good luck getting those little stickers out!
I have leather gloves, but I still wasn´t careful enough.
@marguicha What kind of cactii are you dealing with? Leather gloves were inadequate for me too, which is why I added pliers to my "cactus tools" at the same time I added the long-bladed serrated knife. Right now I'm battling thistles, new to my garden this year, ugh.
@saulgoodman (2654)
• Dundee, Scotland
Hello again. Sorry to hear about your woes with prickly Cacti. Wouldn't even be able to hazard a guess at how to remove them from fingers but I am thinking tweezers. Thistles are similar but are weeds so we dig them up by the roots and the sheep eat them. Wonder how the prickles don't hurt the sheep's tongues.
Maybe their tongues are not as delicate as my fingers.
• Dundee, Scotland
@marguicha its amazing to see them munching away!!
You and gardening are not having a good time. Trembling hands, and now the prickly fingers. We may have to come over there and make sure you do not overdo it!!!
The hands did not tremble for too long. I decided thatit was because I hadn´t gardened in a long time. So the way to do it is to garden a bit every day. As for the cacti, I fill take that cactus away and throw it tomorrow. I have several beautiful ones that are nicer to human beings.
• Eugene, Oregon
Those kinds of prickles are very painful.
I know!
Sorry you came back wounded, not pleasant for sure. WE will be here when recuperate from your hurt.
I´m still likcing my fingers after a whole day.
@STOUTjodee (3480)
Oh, prickly fingers!! About as bad a stickers in the feet!! Hope you get them all out!!
I´m trying to do my best. Right now, while I post, I´m licking my linger tips.
oh no. This is not good.
Gosh, you will need to get the prickles out or they will stay sore.